Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL & KSH Big Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PERL & KSH Big Question Post 73522 by vgersh99 on Thursday 2nd of June 2005 10:46:27 AM
Old 06-02-2005
It seems like your input and the desired output don't jive together OR I don't understand what's desired [in which case a more detailed explanation is needed].

But based on my understanding.....

nawk -f jingi.awk jingi.txt
here's jingi.awk
Code:
{
   for(i=2; i <= NF; i++)
      arr[$i] = ( $i in arr) ? arr[$i] "," $1 : $1
}
END {
  for( i in arr)
    printf("%s ==>> %s\n", i, arr[i])
}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl conversion & perldoc question

Working my way through a perl book and can't find this; You can convert from binary to ordinal numbers using 0b in front of the binary value but how do you go the other way, from ordinal to binary? Is there a function for this? On Perldoc, is there a document that gives all of the available... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or awk/egrep from big files??

Hi experts. In one thread i have asked you how to grep the string from the below sample file- Unfortunately the script did not gave proper output (it missed many strings). It happened may be i did gave you the proper contents of the file That was the script- "$ perl -00nle'print join... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help to split big verilog file into smaller ones for each module

Hi I have a big verilog file with multiple modules. Each module begin with the code word 'module <module-name>(ports,...)' and end with the 'endmodule' keyword. Could you please suggest the best way to split each of these modules into multiple files? Thank you for the help. Example of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

combination between || and && in IF condition with ksh

Dear All, Please advice about this issue. when i run this line in a script if && || && || && if i enter $x = test3 and $y = test1 the If condition apply while it should not Best Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)