Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware differnce
Operating Systems Solaris Hardware differnce Post 73206 by reborg on Sunday 29th of May 2005 05:18:10 PM
Old 05-29-2005
The Netra machines are Suns Carrier(Telco) grade servers. Usually they are very similar to another 'normal' server, but have such features as possibility of using DC power suppiles.

In the case of the two machines you have mentioned, there is very little difference betweent the two of them, and they are both built from the Ultra60 System board. There is a difference of maximum CPU speed of 10Mhz in favour of the E220. (450 vs 440), but that is nothing. Personally, since both of these machines have been EOL for a while I'd say if it if for the purpose of getting one you are asking, go for the cheaper. If you want to know which one will give better performance, there is nothing to choose between them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hardware 3d

How do I check my system to see if the graphics are using hardware 3d suport or not. I have a TNT2 on RH 7.1 kernel 2.4.9-?(can't remember off top of my head)I'm running all the latest updates from RH. Also I now have a dvd drive and I am trying to find a player that will play all movies and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxCat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Per and Hardware

Is it possible to use Perl to work with hardware? Or is it strictly for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luftwaffe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

differnce between working of at and crontab commands

h I would like to know the differnce (both working and how) between at command and crontab.. Thanks in advance Satish D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doddas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate the time differnce between two given timings

I want to calculate the time differnce between two given timings but i don't know how . Can you help me please ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Olti
1 Replies

5. Programming

C and hardware !

Hello ! I have a friend , in one day he tell me this : some guy made a cool program in C , for some sort or hardware control . I say : wow ! Maybe someone , can give me an example , how can C control hardware so good ( as I hear ) , and maybe some cool information , where to learn the idea ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: !_30
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware

Hi, I'm looking to run Sun Solaris 8 or 9, but have been running windows :mad: .can anyone give me advice about the hardware needed for solaris and possably any software i may need, the type of model and where i may be able to buy these within the uk. :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

differnce between these cmds

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between these commands /usr/lib/fs/hsfs/mount -F /dev/lofi/1 /usr and mount -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /usr In the first case absolute path is specified and in the next the cmd with options ,whats the differnce. PS:am sorry ,coz this had been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing rows in two tables and sending the differnce to mail

Hi, I have a table ,containg 2 coloumns and many rows,which is updated everyday.The no.of rows in the table changes everyday. i have to write the difference between yesterdays tabtle and todays table to a new file.The row that is new in the todays table need not to be shown.only the change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab123
2 Replies

9. AIX

New Hardware

Can someone help me with what I am guessing is a simple job for an AIX admin. However I am 100% HP-UX and not touched AIX before the start of this week. I am trying to connect an IBM Blade (JS22) to our HP Enterprise Tape Library. I have done all the SAN zoning and this appears to be happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andyp2704
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies
FS_NEWCELL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_NEWCELL(1)

NAME
fs_newcell - Changes the kernel-resident list of a cell's database servers SYNOPSIS
fs newcell -name <cell name> -servers <primary servers>+ [-linkedcell <linked cell name>] [-help] fs n -n <cell name> -s <primary servers>+ [-l <linked cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs newcell command removes the Cache Manager's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the cell specified by the -name argument and replaces it with the database server machines named by the -servers argument. Each time the machine reboots, the Cache Manager constructs the kernel list of cells and database server machines by reading the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. This command does not change the CellServDB file, so any changes made with it persist only until the next reboot, unless the issuer also edits the file. The output of the fs listcells command reflects changes made with this command, because that command consults the kernel-resident list rather than the CellServDB file. This command can introduce a completely new cell into the kernel-resident list, but cannot make a cell inaccessible (it is not possible to remove a cell's entry from the kernel-resident list by providing no values for the -server argument). To make a cell inaccessible, remove its entry from the CellServDB file and reboot the machine. If the -name argument names a DCE cell, then the -servers argument names DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines. The -linkedcell argument specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. CAUTIONS
Some commands, such as the aklog or klog.krb5 commands, work correctly only when the information is accurate for a cell in both the CellServDB file and the kernel-resident list. OPTIONS
-name <cell name> Specifies the fully-qualified cell name of the AFS or DCE cell. -servers <primary servers>+ Specifies the fully-qualified hostnames of all AFS database server machines or DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines for the cell named by the -name argument. If FL Server machines are specified, the local machine must be running the AFS/DFS Migration Toolkit Protocol Translator. -linkedcell <linked cell name> Specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the machine's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the ABC Corporation cell to include the machines "db1.abc.com" and "db2.abc.com": % fs newcell -name abc.com -servers db1.abc.com db2.abc.com The following example links the DCE cell "dce.abc.com" to the AFS cell "abc.com". The AFS client contacts the Fileset Location (FL) servers "db1.dce.abc.com" and "db2.dce.abc.com" for fileset location information as it interprets a DFS pathname. % fs newcell -name dce.abc.com -servers db1.dce.abc.com db2.dce.abc.com -linkedcell abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_listcells(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_NEWCELL(1)