Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating Domains on Intel platform Post 7318 by Neo on Monday 24th of September 2001 10:30:02 PM
Old 09-24-2001
You need to modify the name server for your domain and add three A records, one for each host. You should do this in both the forward (hostname maps to IP address) and reverse (IP address maps to hostname) zone files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How HDD under Solaris on Intel platform

On my Intel PC I have 4GB HDD on which I installed Solaris. I also installed 30GB HDD but the bios does not recognize anything beyond 8GB and that is what Solaris picks up. Under WinNT is an utility that allows me to access and format the full capacity of this 30GB HDD no matter what the bios... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple domains

Hello, I have 3 domains virtually hosted "name based" the first one "domain1.com" has its ServerName entered as domain1.com. this domain will load in a browser by www.domain1.com or simply domain1.com. the next two domains "domain2.com" and "domain3.com" ServerNames are listed as domain2.com and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericg
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

DNS Free for Five Domains

We have had a great experience recently with these folks: http://www.zoneedit.com/ and highly recommend them. You can set up and manage the DNS for five free domains there, both primary and secondary. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking domains

Dear All , Kindly note I have sun solaries 7 . I want to block a domain who keep sending emails to my domain and users . thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating domains

ok i am setting up dns or going to do it with solaris 9 once u setup the domain what file can u look @ to see if it setup or not (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
4 Replies

6. SCO

Black Screen SCO Real. 5 (intel platform)

Hi everyone, I am new in here. I have to work on a system where nothing is showing up on the screen. I am suspecting an hardware issue, can anyone help me with this? Thanks for your input BB (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labcc
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different Nameservers for Different Domains?

I have a system that is connected to a private network with its own DNS (call it "privnet."), and is also connected to the Internet on a separate interface. Is it possible to convince this server to query the private nameserver for the private network's domain (e.g. "host foo.privnet."), and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sub domains from report

Hi, I have a report containing severals organization's email address. The address contain several sub domains, and i need to pull those out. mail domain ( example.com) .................. The report column contain mail address in this format : john1@sub1.example.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

VLANs and their domains

Hey everyone. I work in a data center, and I'm working on getting my CCNA. Now when I read articles on the idea of VLAN's it makes sense. Especially if you have multiple switches daisy chained in multiple locations. My two main questions though are that most of these examples use PC's as examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)