Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java
Operating Systems BSD Java Post 72986 by SoulCoder on Thursday 26th of May 2005 11:20:35 AM
Old 05-26-2005
Java

I follow instructions to install jdk14 but I have this problem, even if the files j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip is in distfiles it give this result:
Quote:
=> j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
fetch: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/po...-src-scsl.zip: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
=> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
Does someone knows another place where I can download the Latte Diablo JRE 1.3.1 binary package instead of http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

At this time I installed the blackdown port for java (linux-blackdown-jdk-1.4.2_2 Blackdown Java Development Kit 1.4 for Linux and linux-blackdown-jre-1.1.8_2 Blackdown Linux Java Runtime Environment 1.1.8)

but when I try a java -version
I obtain
Quote:
LODELSERVOO# java -version
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - no /proc/self/stat
Bad system call (core dumped)
Should I do something like set special environment variable to have my jre ready to run ?

thanks

ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)