Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Bar code generation in to the text file and printing the same using lp command. Post 72951 by Manjunath Naik on Thursday 26th of May 2005 02:50:13 AM
Old 05-26-2005
Bar code generation in to the text file and printing the same using lp command.

Hi,
I need the information regaring bar code printing. I am looking for the program which runs on solaris that take number string (like mobile number, bill number etc) as input and generate bar code font in to the text file. Remember it is not the bit map. The program just writes the fonts in to the text file based on the input number string. When you print that text file using lp command with dot matrix printer, printer should under stand the fonts and print bar codes.

I need hint to develope this kind of program. Please revet to me ASAP.....
This User Gave Thanks to Manjunath Naik For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to restrict Core file generation after scp (of SSH) command executed in UNIX

Hi, I am getting core file in local machine after trasfer files to other machine by using scp (secure copy) of SSH in UNIX. Could any one please tell me how to restrict core file generatation by using scp command. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrsekhar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and vertical bar with verical bar

I am trying to get sed, tr or awk to search a file that contains records with fields delimited by the vertical bar | and replace the occurrences in the records where the vertical bar is preceded by a space " |" with a vertical bar. Sample data record zelli |||59 Stonewall Dr ||W Barnstable |MA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Extracting text between first occurance of foo in front of bar

Suppose I have a text file that contains the tags <foo> and <bar>. The text file can have unlimted occurances of <foo> and <bar> and looks somthing like this: <foo> Some Text <foo> Some Text <bar> Some Text <foo> Some (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - printing range of lines from text file

I'm working on a new exercise that calls for a script that will take in two arguments on the command line (representing the range of line numbers) and will subsequently print those lines from a a specified file. Command line would look like this: ./lines_script.bash 5 15 <file.txt. The script would... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing every alternate columns in a text file

Hi, I have a big matrix with 1 million columns and 21 rows, which is a tab delimited file. I would like to print every alternate columns into a new file. For each row, the start column will be always the first column. For example the input file 1 2 4 5 8 0 7 9 2 5 6 3 0 6 9 2 3 6 3 6 6 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 download(1)