Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatically Rename Last Generated File Post 72925 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 25th of May 2005 02:11:52 PM
Old 05-25-2005
Code:
mv `ls -1 -t *.txt | head -1` build.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core File Not Being Generated in AIX

I have created an executable using my login session in an AIX Version 5 Unix system. After to which I have change the file mode to set uid and rwsrwx--x and ownership to root:system by using the following Standard C Library functions. chmod (name, S_ISUID|S_IRWXU|S_IRWXG|S_IXOTH|S_IROTH) chown... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the last generated log file

Hi I need to get the last generated file in a directory using ls -ltr. I need to store the output of ls -ltr in a variable. it will like this $xyz = -rw-rw-r-- 1 sblp003 siebel 1060 Dec 18 13:33 from this output, I need to do a substring to get this value alone "Dec 18... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

3. Linux

Core file not getting generated!!

Some strange behavior. Process is receiving Segmentation Fault. But no core files getting generated. I have checked ulimit. coredumpsize = unlimited. In console, process is printing Segmentation Fault even through gdb also same behavior But No corefile. Any possible reason ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a command to delete all files apart from last file generated

Hi, I have a directory named (/output). this directory has files in the below format abc.* , xyz*, djj*, iwe*, weewe*, rier*, 3948903ddfgf* these files are generated at random. what i need to do is. delete all the files of all kinds but keep only the last generated file of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file not getting generated

Hi , Log file is not getting generated. any suggestion? Thanks date1=$(date '+%m/%d/%y-%H:%M:%S') log="wrapper.log.$date1" echo " somethng" > $log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy latest generated file

Hi, There is csv file generated at /usr/data on server1 on monthly basis. It is in the format reportYYYYDD(e.g 201105). I needed a script which would copy the latest generated file from the location to another server at /usr/loc Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alok Ranjan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file being not generated in crontab

My shell script it.sh #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH today=`date "+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S"`; export today CUR_DIR=$1; export CUR_DIR LOG_FILE=error.log; export LOG_FILE # Direct script output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to rename file that was generated today and which starts with date

hello, can someone please suggest a script to rename a file that was generated today and filename that being generated daily starts with date, its a xml file. here is example. # find . -type f -mtime -1 ./20130529_4995733057260357019.xml # this finename should be renamed to this format.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to analyze sosreport file that I generated.?

Hello Team, Could You give me some hints how I should review the sosreport that I generated? I know how to analysis the SAR files however sosreport is my last hope - python script has hunged and I would like to know the root cause - for this is not performance issue. Thanks in advance! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsmcny
3 Replies
grcompiler(1)															     grcompiler(1)

NAME
grcompiler - Compile GDL into a TrueType Font SYNOPSIS
grcompiler [-d] [-D] [-g] [-n number] [-v number] [-w number] [-wall] [-q] gdl-file font-file [output-file] [output-fontname] Description Grcompiler compiles a Graphite Description Language description of the smarts for a font along with a TrueType Font to create a graphite font with graphite tables in it. -d Generate XML debugger file. -D Generate all debugger files. -g Permit and ignore invalid glyph definitions. -nnumber Set name table start location. -q Quiet mode (no messages except on error). -vnumber Set Silf table version number. -wnnnn Ignore warning with the given number. This option may be repeated. -wall Display all warnings. Environment grcompiler makes use of the following environment variables GDLPP Specifies the command to execute to run the GDL preprocessor Files gdlerr.txt Warnings and errors are output to this file. dbg_classes.txt Debug file that specifies the classes stored in the font in terms of their GDL source and containing glyph ids in hex. dbg_cmap.txt Debug file giving Unicode to glyph mapping of all the glyphs in the font and vice versa. dbg_enginecode.txt Debug file containing the action code and constraint code associated with each pass and rule in a pass. dbg_fsm.txt Debug file that gives the finite state machines of each pass and the rules referenced. For each pass, a mapping is given between glyph and column number. dbg_glyphattrs.txt Debug file containing all the glyph attributes and their names, along with values specified for each glyph. dbg_parsetree.txt Debug file giving the complete parse tree of the GDL source file. dbg_ruleprec.txt Debug file that lists the rules in precedence order (order in which they will be tested) for each pass. $_temp.gdl Debug file containing the output of gdlpp Author Martin Hosken <mhosken@users.sourceforge.net> $Date: 2012-05-29 11:36:50 $ grcompiler(1)