Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compiling software
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers compiling software Post 7290 by PxT on Monday 24th of September 2001 11:35:31 AM
Old 09-24-2001
It is written in Perl, so there is nothing to compile. Just follow the steps they give you and you will be all set. If you are having problems with a particular aspect of the install, post your error messages here and perhaps someone can help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiling

I recently loaded SuSE on my intel comp. I am presently taking a walk down memory lane from my days at UofT. I was fiddling round with cc and the gcc compilers. I wrote a basic basic basic program . I tried to compile it as I remember doing in Uni. The problem is that it can't find the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cantcatchme
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

4. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Software

I have a problem, my mate built me a little home server using Unix and after he set everything up he deleted the main compiler so i wouldnt be able to Install/Compile any software... And now i wanted to Install a compiler and i have to compile it... thats like installing winzip from a zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l22
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

8. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
GST-PACKAGE(1)							   User Commands						    GST-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
gst-package - create and install GNU Smalltalk .star package files DESCRIPTION
Usage: gst-package [OPTION]... ARGS... Operation modes: --install make or install STAR packages (default) --uninstall remove the packages mentioned in the FILES --dist copy files instead of creating STAR files. --prepare create configure.ac or Makefile.am --list-files PKG just output the list of files in the package --list-packages just output the list of packages in the files --download, --update download package from smalltalk.gnu.org or from its specified URL --help display this message and exit --version print version information and exit Common suboptions: -n, --dry-run print commands without running them --srcdir DIR look for non-built files in directory DIR --distdir DIR for --dist, place files in directory DIR --destdir DIR prefix the destination directory with DIR --target-directory DIR install the files in DIR (unused for --dist) -I, --image-file=FILE load into the specified image --kernel-dir=PATH use the specified kernel directory -v, --verbose print extra information while processing --install suboptions: --test run unit tests after merging --load also load the Smalltalk files in the image --list-files suboptions: --load only list files that are filed in when loading --test with --load, also include unit test files --vpath Omit path to srcdir for files that are there --dist suboptions: --all-files Process all files, not just non-built ones --copy Do not create symbolic links All operation modes except --download (or its synonym --update) accept paths to package.xml files or .star files, including remote URLs. --download and --update accept names of packages, which will be searched in the current system or on smalltalk.gnu.org) or URLs to pack- age.xml or .star files. Except in uninstall and list files mode, gst-package requires write access to the GNU Smalltalk image directory, and merges the XML package files on the command line with that file. The default target directory is /build/buildd-gnu-smalltalk_3.2.4-2-amd64-LVoFQd/gnu-smalltalk-3.2.4 SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gst-package is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gst-package programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gst should give you access to the complete manual. gst-package version 3.2.4 December 2011 GST-PACKAGE(1)