Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX? Post 7284 by sangjinn on Monday 24th of September 2001 02:36:17 AM
Old 09-24-2001
Question How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that..
BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority..

How can I display them??

p.s.) used struct stat ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Make file in Unix

How to make files in Unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandhevinod
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make VI editor show colors in Unix

Hi, I saw some people's vi editor show different colors on the text according the nature of text when using it. It would be nice if I can see diffrerent colors with my vi editor. Do anybody know how to set it up? I use PowerTermPro program to access unix machine. I tried to use vim editor but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a copy of a unix HDD

i have this HDD with SCO 5.0.6 and i'm getting this errors WARNING: wd0: Error on fixed disk dev 1/42, block=4829, cmd=0x000000C8 Sun Mar 11 05:50:08 2007 status=0x00000040, LBA sector=1285723, cylinder/head=5022/0 WARNING: wd0: Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make sound using C under UNIX

i'm programming using C under UNIX. i wonder to how make sound using C ? any sound like "beep" would be fine. thx. :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trapeze
6 Replies

6. Solaris

how to make file link in c under unix

how to make link command by c language (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma7moudax
2 Replies

7. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i make a report from some insert in UNIX shell?

I have some insert in my unix shell script. This every insert has a spool (a file with datas) and a sql file with the query. I have to create a report file with three columns: The first(TAB_NAME) will contains the name of the table in wich has been done the insert, the second (STATE) will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: punticci
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make bold chars in UNIX

Hi all, I want to make the string as bold in unix. is there any way to acheive this? thanks in advance. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
16 Replies
CHOWN(3)								 1								  CHOWN(3)

chown - Changes file owner

SYNOPSIS
bool chown (string $filename, mixed $user) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the owner of the file $filename to user $user. Only the superuser may change the owner of a file. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $user - A user name or number. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Simple chown(3) usage <?php // File name and username to use $file_name= "foo.php"; $path = "/home/sites/php.net/public_html/sandbox/" . $file_name ; $user_name = "root"; // Set the user chown($path, $user_name); // Check the result $stat = stat($path); print_r(posix_getpwuid($stat['uid'])); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [name] => root [passwd] => x [uid] => 0 [gid] => 0 [gecos] => root [dir] => /root [shell] => /bin/bash ) NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. SEE ALSO
chmod(3), chgrp(3). PHP Documentation Group CHOWN(3)