Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling Apple Top on Linux
Operating Systems Linux Compiling Apple Top on Linux Post 72817 by blahblah on Tuesday 24th of May 2005 02:21:49 PM
Old 05-24-2005
Compiling Apple Top on Linux

Hello all.

I recently tried compiling Apple's version of top on my Linux system. Can someone with some C experience explain why it won't build . . . and any tips to getting it to compile.

Any help appreciated.

BTW, you can pick up the Apple source code here:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darw.../top-15.tar.gz

Thanks.
Blah

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux

Hello all, I am new to programming and currently I am taking a swing at Objective-C. I easily compile my programs on my Macintosh, and have compiled some Objective-C programs on my linux box. The problem I am having is when I try to use features demonstrated in the book Programming in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

3. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies
cups-config(1)							    Apple Inc.							    cups-config(1)

NAME
cups-config - get cups api, compiler, directory, and link information. SYNOPSIS
cups-config --api-version cups-config --build cups-config --cflags cups-config --datadir cups-config --help cups-config --ldflags cups-config [ --image ] [ --static ] --libs cups-config --serverbin cups-config --serverroot cups-config --version DESCRIPTION
cups-config is the CUPS program configuration utility. It should be used by application developers to determine the necessary command-line options for the compiler and linker, as well as determining installation directories for filters, configuration files, and drivers. OPTIONS
--api-version Displays the current API version (major.minor). --build Displays a system-specific build number. --cflags Displays the necessary compiler options. --datadir Displays the default CUPS data directory. --help Displays the program usage message. --image When used with --libs, adds the CUPS imaging library to the list of displayed libraries. --ldflags Displays the necessary linker options. --libs Displays the necessary librarys to link to. --serverbin Displays the default CUPS binary directory, where filters and backends are stored. --serverroot Displays the default CUPS configuration file directory. --static When used with --libs, shows the static libraries instead of the default (shared) libraries. --version Displays the full version number of the CUPS installation (major.minor.patch). SEE ALSO
http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 23 October 2008 CUPS cups-config(1)