Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Executing an .ec program in different informix versions Post 72531 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 21st of May 2005 06:29:04 AM
Old 05-21-2005
Executing an .ec program in different informix versions

Hi all,

I tried writing an .ec program connecting to informix database
from solaris platform Sun 5.7

informix version that i had to used when i compiled the program was 9.21.UC3

the binary when i ported solaris box with informix version 9.40.UC5 i am unable to run that
i am encountering segmentation fault error.

the logs from gdb looked as follows:

/*****************************?
0xff0c6c60 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) where
#0 0xff0c6c60 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1 0xff0c6ca8 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2 0xff345450 in ?? () from /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libixsql.so
#3 0xff345ee0 in ?? () from /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libixsql.so
#4 0x157a4 in retrieveRecords ()
#5 0x15494 in generateFile ()
#6 0x150f8 in loadData()
#7 0x14c34 in main ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0xff0c6c60 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1 0xff0c6ca8 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2 0xff345450 in ?? () from /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libixsql.so
#3 0xff345ee0 in ?? () from /informix/distr/infx.9.40.UC5/lib/esql/libixsql.so
#4 0x157a4 in retrieveRecords ()
#5 0x15494 in generateFile ()

/******************************************/

The point where program is terminated with sig-11 is
in executing a prepared statement
i allocated enough memory.

Prior to where it is terminated in another function i am executing one more prepared statement and it works fine.

Pretty well i know that .ec program compiled with lower version should run well in higher version

Can u please help me out with this problem?

Please let me know if i have to provide any other information.

I just donnot know how to proceed with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking u all in Advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executing a program within a program

Read the title: how do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. Programming

after executing execvp()... program hangs up

Hi , I m actually trying to implement pipes program,but after executing the execvp(),my program is getting hanged up :mad: Actaully i m getting the desired output expected from execvp()...but once results are displayed on the output screen ,program is getting hanged up values of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crab
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing WIN32OLE program

Hello, Please help me out to execute this perl program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... # get already active Excel application or open new my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing informix queries using isqlrf

Hi, I have my informix queries in files named sql1.sql and sql2.sql. I am executing these queries in a remote informix db server.The data got as a result of executing sql1.sql and sql2.sql is got in file1.dat and file2.dat respectively. cmd= ssh "$USER_NAME"@"$HOST_NAME" "export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a different program

What system calls or commands do I need to use in order to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justOne21
1 Replies

8. Programming

Getting username from an informix 4gl program in UNIX

How to get the user name of the Operating system from an Informix 4gl program. eg:- -rw-r----- 1 gkuser srth1 292 Jul 27 19:28 u1.txt i need to get gkuser as the result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
0 Replies

9. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do You manage different program versions?

Hallo, I have an general question which happens when installing software by compiling them self. I'm using FreeBSD system 10.0 and the ports. for info, see: http--en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Ports. As I installed BSD for some years there was (i.e.) perl-14 installed. Now, when doing some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HL1234
1 Replies
pgsql2shp(1)							      PostGIS							      pgsql2shp(1)

NAME
pgsql2shp - postgis to shapefile dumper SYNTAX
pgsql2shp [options] database [schema.]table pgsql2shp [options] database query DESCRIPTION
The pgsql2shp table dumper connects directly to the database and converts a table (possibly created by user query) into a shape file. It is compatible with all versions of PostGIS. Version: 1.1.5 (2006/10/06) USAGE
The <database> is the name of the database to connect to. The <table> is the (optionally schema-qualified) table to read spatial data from. Alternatively, you can specify a QUERY whose result will be written into the shapefile. OPTIONS
The commandline options are: -f <filename> Write the output to a particular filename. -h <host> The database host to connect to. -p <port> The port to connect to on the database host. -P <password> The password to use when connecting to the database. -u <user> The username to use when connecting to the database. -g <geometry column> In the case of tables with multiple geometry columns, the geometry column to use when writing the shape file. -b Use a binary cursor. When used on pre-1.0.0 PostGIS versions this will reduce the likelihood of coordinate drift due to conversion to and from WKT format. Coordinate drifts will not occur with PostGIS 1.0.0 and newer versions. It will be slightly faster, but might fail if any NON-gemetry column lacks a cast to text. -r Raw mode. Do not drop the gid field, or escape column names. -d For backward compatibility: write a 3-dimensional shape file when dumping from old (pre-1.0.0) postgis databases (the default is to write a 2-dimensional shape file in that case). Starting from postgis-1.0.0+, dimensions are fully encoded. -k Keep idendifiers case (don't uppercase field names). -? Display version and usage information. INSTALLATION
To compile the program from source, simply run "make" in the source directory. Then copy the binary in your shell search path (or wherever you like). This text is also available as a man page in the ../doc/man/ directory, ready for copying it into the manual search path on unixoid systems. EXAMPLES
An example session using the dumper to create shape file from a database might look like this: # pgsql2shp -f myfile -p 5555 my_db roads_table AUTHORS
Originally written by Jeff Lounsbury <jeffloun@refractions.net>. Improved and maintained by Sandro Santilli <strk@refractions.net>. Includes small contributions and improvements by others. This application uses functionality from shapelib 1.2.9 by Frank Warmerdam <warmerda@gdal.velocet.ca> to write to ESRI Shape files. SEE ALSO
shp2pgsql(1) More information is available at http://postgis.refractions.net pgsql2shp(1)