Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers query Post 72480 by vivekshankar on Friday 20th of May 2005 02:15:59 PM
Old 05-20-2005
query

hi,
how can i do the following.....

i have file containing followig

a k 10000
b c 200000
d e 50
a j 40

how can i list all rows containg last value more than 1000?

and how can i find number of blank rows in the file?

THANKS!

regards
vivek

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query

hi i am producing txt outputs of archives created by our tsm software. problem is some of these files are too large to open in excel so i can despatch. here is a example of the output TAG_460 /prod_bak 7 FILE /ARCHIVE/Whistles- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
MYSQLI_AFFECTED_ROWS(3) 						 1						   MYSQLI_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

mysqli::$affected_rows - Gets the number of affected rows in a previous MySQL operation

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
int$mysqli->affected_rows () DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int mysqli_affected_rows (mysqli $link) Returns the number of rows affected by the last INSERT, UPDATE, REPLACE or DELETE query. For SELECT statements mysqli_affected_rows(3) works like mysqli_num_rows(3). PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) RETURN VALUES
An integer greater than zero indicates the number of rows affected or retrieved. Zero indicates that no records were updated for an UPDATE statement, no rows matched the WHERE clause in the query or that no query has yet been executed. -1 indicates that the query returned an error. Note If the number of affected rows is greater than the maximum integer value( PHP_INT_MAX ), the number of affected rows will be returned as a string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 $mysqli->affected_rows example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* Insert rows */ $mysqli->query("CREATE TABLE Language SELECT * from CountryLanguage"); printf("Affected rows (INSERT): %d ", $mysqli->affected_rows); $mysqli->query("ALTER TABLE Language ADD Status int default 0"); /* update rows */ $mysqli->query("UPDATE Language SET Status=1 WHERE Percentage > 50"); printf("Affected rows (UPDATE): %d ", $mysqli->affected_rows); /* delete rows */ $mysqli->query("DELETE FROM Language WHERE Percentage < 50"); printf("Affected rows (DELETE): %d ", $mysqli->affected_rows); /* select all rows */ $result = $mysqli->query("SELECT CountryCode FROM Language"); printf("Affected rows (SELECT): %d ", $mysqli->affected_rows); $result->close(); /* Delete table Language */ $mysqli->query("DROP TABLE Language"); /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); if (!$link) { printf("Can't connect to localhost. Error: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* Insert rows */ mysqli_query($link, "CREATE TABLE Language SELECT * from CountryLanguage"); printf("Affected rows (INSERT): %d ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); mysqli_query($link, "ALTER TABLE Language ADD Status int default 0"); /* update rows */ mysqli_query($link, "UPDATE Language SET Status=1 WHERE Percentage > 50"); printf("Affected rows (UPDATE): %d ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); /* delete rows */ mysqli_query($link, "DELETE FROM Language WHERE Percentage < 50"); printf("Affected rows (DELETE): %d ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); /* select all rows */ $result = mysqli_query($link, "SELECT CountryCode FROM Language"); printf("Affected rows (SELECT): %d ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); mysqli_free_result($result); /* Delete table Language */ mysqli_query($link, "DROP TABLE Language"); /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Affected rows (INSERT): 984 Affected rows (UPDATE): 168 Affected rows (DELETE): 815 Affected rows (SELECT): 169 SEE ALSO
mysqli_num_rows(3), mysqli_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)