Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: windows howto find
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions windows howto find Post 72310 by penguin-friend on Friday 20th of May 2005 05:43:31 AM
Old 05-20-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressy
set DIR=c:\what\ever
dir %DIR% /s /b | find "*.mp3" /v

should work like your find

gP
That gave me exactly the contrary of what i want. i'd like to see alll files except the mp3s'...
Please note the "!" in the shell command

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grub can't find Windows XP

grub was working beautifully on my old hard drive. I cloned my drive, and reinstalled grub. My linux partition loads fine, but when I click on Windows, grub simply sends me back to the grub prompt with no error message. On investigating, it appears that grub hasn't loaded the windows kernel. (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoSimon
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to find windows user without any password

How to find windows users without any password.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RPG
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to find running databases in windows

Hi, I am working in solaris os.I would like to know how many databases are running in windows. Is there any command like ps -ef|grep pmon in wndows............... Thanks&Regards, Arul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to find the duplex speed on Windows

Hi, In UNIX, it's very easy to find the duplex speed. But in Windows, is there a easy way to find the duplex speed? I can't go to over 100 servers to find this out, I was wondering if I run one command to do this? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

find command in windows

Dear Experts, Please tell me what is the equivalent command of find . -name "*.txt" -print which prints the all the text files in all the folders and sub folders in case of unix. in windows how can i achieve the same output in windows please inform and also find . -name "*.txt" -print|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto get only filename from find command in Linux?

Hi every body! I would like to get only filename in the result of find command in Linux but I don't know howto. Tks so much for your helps. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguyendu0102
5 Replies

7. AIX

Howto find the data and management IP address

Can anyone help me to find the data and management IP address on a IBM unix server without looking at the /etc/hosts file. sometimes the hosts file may not make it obvious between the data & mgmt ip addresses. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amerjit.jhalley
5 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.12.4 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)