Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: few questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers few questions Post 72217 by jolok on Thursday 19th of May 2005 04:47:20 PM
Old 05-19-2005
TODAY is `date`

Here, it appears '--' is used to mean 'the rest of the arguments will not be options to rm'.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i got some questions :)

Hi! Im new to all this but the computer club im in has unix i think. now my questions. 1.is it NTFS i need to partion the harddrive with to be able to use unix? 2.Unix and Linux whats the diffrense?yes im a noob got no idea been using crap windows for ages and hate it. 3.I got a win98... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pierre
2 Replies

2. Programming

C questions

What does "extern" do? ex. extern int x; and another question, what about using static in functions? like: static void foo(), why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

3. Solaris

2 Questions

Hello Everbody I hope you can give me a hand, I have some questions The first one itīs about some message that I donīt know what means, I was looking about it. but nothing. This is the message rsh: connection from bad port bsd-gw: Error reading from connection: Bad file number And my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just a few questions.

Hi everyone im new to this forums, i just wanted to get started by asking a few question(Im a Unix newbie) 1. How do i sort a file called "dirr" in a ascending order on the 3rd column 2. what does alias on=who do Thanks in advance!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Da Paper
1 Replies

5. Programming

two questions

hey all, I have question when am writing simple shell... in the child am calling execvp, i want the parent to know when execvp returns - 1. how can i let the parent know the result of execvp thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
9 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just had a few questions

1) The lpr and sort utilities accept input either from a file named on the command line or from standard input. a)Name two other utilities that function in a similar manner. b)Name a utility that accepts its input only from standard input. 2) Explain the following error message. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: youngyou
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi questions

Hello, I would like to know how we can highlight/select a section of a file in vi and delete that section if we don't want to use the dd command to delete one line at at time. There is one where we don't want to delete the whole line , but up to a certain word. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies
IMAP_SEARCH(3)								 1							    IMAP_SEARCH(3)

imap_search - This function returns an array of messages matching the given search criteria

SYNOPSIS
array imap_search (resource $imap_stream, string $criteria, [int $options = SE_FREE], [string $charset = NIL]) DESCRIPTION
This function performs a search on the mailbox currently opened in the given IMAP stream. For example, to match all unanswered messages sent by Mom, you'd use: "UNANSWERED FROM mom". Searches appear to be case insensitive. This list of criteria is from a reading of the UW c-client source code and may be incomplete or inaccurate (see also RFC2060, section 6.4.4). PARAMETERS
o $ imap_stream -An IMAP stream returned by imap_open(3). o $criteria - A string, delimited by spaces, in which the following keywords are allowed. Any multi-word arguments (e.g. FROM "joey smith") must be quoted. Results will match all $criteria entries. o ALL - return all messages matching the rest of the criteria o ANSWERED - match messages with the \ANSWERED flag set o BCC "string" - match messages with "string" in the Bcc: field o BEFORE "date" - match messages with Date: before "date" o BODY "string" - match messages with "string" in the body of the message o CC "string" - match messages with "string" in the Cc: field o DELETED - match deleted messages o FLAGGED - match messages with the \FLAGGED (sometimes referred to as Important or Urgent) flag set o FROM "string" - match messages with "string" in the From: field o KEYWORD "string" - match messages with "string" as a keyword o NEW - match new messages o OLD - match old messages o ON "date" - match messages with Date: matching "date" o RECENT - match messages with the \RECENT flag set o SEEN - match messages that have been read (the \SEEN flag is set) o SINCE "date" - match messages with Date: after "date" o SUBJECT "string" - match messages with "string" in the Subject: o TEXT "string" - match messages with text "string" o TO "string" - match messages with "string" in the To: o UNANSWERED - match messages that have not been answered o UNDELETED - match messages that are not deleted o UNFLAGGED - match messages that are not flagged o UNKEYWORD "string" - match messages that do not have the keyword "string" o UNSEEN - match messages which have not been read yet o $options - Valid values for $options are SE_UID, which causes the returned array to contain UIDs instead of messages sequence numbers. o $charset - RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of message numbers or UIDs. Return FALSE if it does not understand the search $criteria or no messages have been found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imap_search(3) example <?php $conn = imap_open('{imap.example.com:993/imap/ssl}INBOX', 'foo@example.com', 'pass123', OP_READONLY); $some = imap_search($conn, 'SUBJECT "HOWTO be Awesome" SINCE "8 August 2008"', SE_UID); $msgnos = imap_search($conn, 'ALL'); $uids = imap_search($conn, 'ALL', SE_UID); print_r($some); print_r($msgnos); print_r($uids); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => 4 [1] => 6 [2] => 11 ) Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 2 [2] => 3 [3] => 4 [4] => 5 [5] => 6 ) Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 4 [2] => 6 [3] => 8 [4] => 11 [5] => 12 ) SEE ALSO
imap_listscan(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAP_SEARCH(3)