Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: For Loop with find
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For Loop with find Post 71872 by kadishmj on Monday 16th of May 2005 05:15:04 PM
Old 05-16-2005
Here is my code

Here is my code (note, I removed some blank lines, and the error is now occuring on line 11):

Code:
#!/bin/sh

logdir="/opt/IBMIHS/logs"
TODAY=`date '+%y%m%d'`

cd $logdir

# This loop returns all files in the 'logdir' directory that contain
# the words log. The sed removes any leading ./ sequences

for FILENAME in $(find . -type f -name '*_log' -print | sed 's/^\.\///')
do
  if [ $FILENAME != *_log$TODAY.log ] ; then
    echo $FILENAME
    mv $FILENAME /export/home/
    echo "file moved from the logs direcory"
  fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

using find in for loop

hello gurus, src="/home/training" typ="*.sh" for i in `find $src -name $typ` do ... .. done the above code piece is giving this error: find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction I tried this way: for i in `find $src -name "$typ"` But then it didn't get any files, though there... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthursyamburi
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop and find not working ASAP

I grep some thing from file then in a loop give to find one by one but not working. #!/bin/bash grep -H DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf | awk -F' ' '{ print $3 }'| sort -u | uniq > path.txt for j in `cat path.txt` do # echo "line is $i" find "$j" -type d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in loop find question at STEP 3

STEP 1 # Set variable FILE=/tmp/mainfile SEARCHFILE =/tmp/searchfile cat /tmp/mainfile Interface Ethernet0/0 "outside", is up, line protocol is up Hardware is i82546GB rev03, BW 100 Mbps Full-Duplex(Full-duplex), 100 Mbps(100 Mbps) MAC address 001e.f75e.8cb4, MTU 1500 IP address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irongeekio
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a string in a loop

Hi, Can anyone help with the problem below? I need to read all text files (file1, file2, file3) in a loop and find file1.txt: file2.txt: File3.txt: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find result using for loop

I want to print each file i found using the find command. And not able to list the files at all here is the code SEARCH_DIR="/filesinfolder"; PATH_COUNT=0 for result in "'/usr/bin/find $SEARCH_DIR -daystart \( \( -name 'KI*' -a -name '*.csv' \) -o -name '*_xyz_*' \) -mtime 1'" do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in for loop

What's wrong with this script for i in Users.csv anc.csv > do > find . -name $i > doneDouble post. Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in for loop

whats wrong with this script for i in Users.csv abd.csv > do > find . -name $i > done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with Find—damn spaces!

Hi Guys, I'm trying to find all files with a particular extension and then loop some actions. The problem is that if the files have spaces in their names I get end up being each word as a separate result rather than the entire file. ext=".txt" out=".rtf" for i in $( find "$1" -name "*$ext" );... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in for loop

i have executed the following command in terminal find /Users/vasu -name "*.txt" -print and i am getting the result /Users/vasu/file1.txt /Users/vasu/file2.txt /Users/vasu/file3.txtbut while i was trying to execute the same in the script it is not working,I tried with below logic in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmachava
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While loop, input from find command

Hello nix Experts, I am a *nix rookie and have run into this issue, can some one help me here and let me know what I am doing wrong. /home/user1> while read n > do > echo $n > done < <(find . -type f -ctime -1 | grep abc) I am getting the below error: -sh: syntax error near... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
5 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD