Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to convert grep to sed??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert grep to sed?? Post 71822 by redlotus72 on Monday 16th of May 2005 06:56:01 AM
Old 05-16-2005
thanks ..its working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to convert ~ in a file to newline

Hi, I have a .txt file which has a tilde(~) in it. All that I want is to break into a newline whenever there is an occurence of '~'. I have tried SED to do that but I could not succeed. I would appreciate if I can get a shell script(ksh) for this problem real quick. Thanks in advance. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert contents of file to lower case with SED

Hi I what to add option to existing sed code to convert target file to lower case #!/bin/ksh SOURCE_DATA_DEST=/ora TARGET_DATA_DEST=/home/oracle/alexz TARGET_DB_SID=T102_test sed -e "s/REUSE/SET/g" \ -e "s/NORESETLOGS/RESETLOGS/g" \ T102_ccf.sql > target.sql Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sed to perl

Can anyone convert this from sed to perl: sed -n '/\var\/log/p' /etc/syslog.conf I think Ive looked at this to much....urgh.. Thanks Ben (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep, sed, awk or tr or all Need help on Trying to convert something.

THIS is the output i Get i want to take out most of the banner and such and leave ------ down to ------ with fields right it doesnt seem to ouput right im not sure how to delete the $ characters because shell sees them ..... thansk or even something that make it looks better to understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritztech
2 Replies

5. Programming

SED - how do I convert a decimal number to asterisk

Hi, My animal ID's have two zeros in them and are also converting to asterisk. I only need to change the zero values in columns two and three. I would appreciate any help. This is my data structure: head phendata.txt 201008809 0.0 0.0 201008810 0.0 0.0 201008813 0.0 0.0 201014103... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lel7lel7
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed - Convert 2 lines to 1 line

Hi, Just trying to get to grips with sed and awk for some reporting for work and I need some assistance: I have a file that lists policy names on the first line and then on the second line whether the policy is active or not. Policy Name: Policy1 Active: yes Policy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string using sed

I have a couple structure definitions in my input code. For example: struct node { int val; struct node *next; }; or typedef struct { int numer; int denom; } Rational; I used the following line to convert them into one line and copy it twice. sed '/struct*{/{:l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Denton
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and convert into columns

I have 1000 different autosys jobs, want to extract only this information using unix commands. Tried with normail greping but unable to make columns into rows. Input: /* ----------------- template ----------------- */ insert_job: template job_type: c box_name: box1 command:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed convert date/replace

Hi, I wold like to replace this 2012 Mar 02 to this 20120302. i have already this code: ls -lrt | awk '{ print $8$6$7 }'| sed -e s/*:*/'2013'/g -e s/'Jan'/01/g -e s/'Feb'/02/g -e s/'Mar'/03/g -e s/'Apr'/04/g -e s/'May'/05/g -e s/'Jun'/06/g -e s/'Jul'/07/g -e s/'Aug'/08/g -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snayper
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use sed to look for the particular pattren and convert?

Hi , How do i use sed on a tsv file and look for the date format mm/dd/yyyy and convert it to yyyy-mm-dd. There are around 15 colums in that file and two colums need to be converted. i tried using this but didnt work.Can some one tweek it. sed -e "s_\(..\)\-\(..\)\-\(..\)_\3-\1-\2_" My... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
8 Replies
mcd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mcd(1)

NAME
mcd - mtools utility to change or report the DOS working directory SYNOPSIS
mcd [msdosdirectory] DESCRIPTION
Without arguments, the mcd command reports the current device and working directory. Otherwise, the mcd command changes the current device and current working directory relative to a DOS file system. Unlike the DOS command CD, the mcd command can be used to change to another device. The environment variable MCWD can be used to locate the file where the device and current working directory information is stored. The default is $HOME/.mcwd. The file is created if it does not exist and a msdosdirectory is specified. DOS pathnames that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command supports the use of to move back one directory in the tree, however, multiple relative moves such as are not supported and do not affect your current position in the directory tree. NOTES
At logout time, it is advisable to remove old files. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mcd: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mdir(1), mtools(1) mcd(1)