Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking historical question - endianess Post 71753 by variety on Saturday 14th of May 2005 01:06:37 PM
Old 05-14-2005
historical question - endianess

why Network Byte Order is Big-Endian, (not a Little-Endian, like most modern PCs use) ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

historical ps

Hi there I am trying to find out what processes were running on my sun solaris 5.8 server yesterday. There are no jobs running on the server which are monitoring/logging processes on the server. Is there a way to find this out - is there an operating system log for processes? Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamh
4 Replies

3. AIX

Historical Disk bandwidth utilization

Early this morning our sar reports show that WIO on the system was over 50% for about an hour. We also had some users complain about response time problems during this time. Is there a way I can go back and check what disks were busy during this time (something like topas but for historical data)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc question

i'm trying to parse a file with lines like the below where i need to get a diff on the 169-182 so that the result is 13 for instance. I was looking into using bc but am not that familiar with embedding it in a script. john8:9. 169-182 any ideas are appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nlevens
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

historical port usage information

are there linux commands or applications that i can use to find out what application was using a certain port at a certain time? there's teamquest,but it doesnt have this kind of information. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help File Copy Historical Files

Hello, I have a directory /files/storage in which I have files having file name in format as follows sabclin.yyyymmdd.0 e.g. sabclin.20110621.0 etc. I want to copy all files that have a date in their file name i.e. yyyymmdd from today till 300 days in the past to another directory, I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Where should I ask my question?

Hello, all I found you folks by doing searches on linux bash scripting From time-to-time I'm hoping to get help from the experts here. I'm technically competent enough with Windows to run my own Tech-Support business, but I am fairly lightwieght in Linux. Over the last 3-4 years I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tovian
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

A terrific historical video about UNIX circa 1982 with well known names.

Enjoy folks... AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System - YouTube (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
gbsplayrc(5)						       Gameboy sound player						      gbsplayrc(5)

NAME
gbsplayrc - Gameboy sound player configuration file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gbsplayrc and ~/.gbsplayrc are used by gbsplay(1). SYNTAX
Comments are introduced by hash marks. A comment continues to the end of the line. Whitespace, including empty lines, is ignored. Option values follow the option name and an equal sign. Valid option value types are: Boolean An integer number in decimal. 0 is considered false, everything else is true. Endian A single character denoting the endianness. n == native endian, l == little endian and b == big endian. Integer An integer number in decimal. Plugin The name of an output plugin. Run gbsplay -o list to get a list of all available output plugins. OPTIONS
endian = Endian The output endianness. fadeout = Integer The fadeout time in seconds. Instead of cutting of the subsong hard, do a soft fadeout. loop = Boolean In loop mode the playback will restart from the beginning after the last subsong. output_plugin = Plugin The sound output plugin to be used. rate = Integer The samplerate to be used. refresh_delay = Integer Set the refresh delay in milliseconds. Larger values will lower CPU usage, but things as subsong changes, fadeouts, reactions to keypresses and the on-screen display will be delayed. silence_timeout = Integer The silence timeout in seconds. When a subsong contains silence for the given time, the player will skip to the next subsong. subsong_gap = Integer The subsong gap in seconds. Before playing the next subsong after the subsong timeout, play subsong_gap seconds of silence. subsong_timeout = Integer The subsong timeout in seconds. When a subsong has been played for the given time, the player will skip to the next subsong. A timeout of 0 seconds disables automatic subsong changes. verbosity = Integer Sets the verbosity level (default: 3). A value of 0 means no messages on stdout. FILES
/etc/gbsplayrc Default location of the global configuration file. ~/.gbsplayrc User configuration file. SEE ALSO
gbsplay(1), gbsinfo(1) BUG REPORTS
If you encounter bugs, please report them via http://gbsplay.berlios.de/ or write to <gbsplay-dev@lists.berlios.de>. AUTHOR
gbsplay was written by Tobias Diedrich <ranma+gbsplay@tdiedrich.de> (with contributions from others, see README). COPYRIGHT
gbsplay is licensed under GNU GPL. Tobias Diedrich 0.0.91 gbsplayrc(5)