Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: directory creation
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users directory creation Post 71596 by bhargav on Thursday 12th of May 2005 01:27:29 PM
Old 05-12-2005

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote directory creation

Is there a way to create a directory in some remote location from a local location? I understand that we can use 'rcp' to copy a local file to a remote location. I am looking for a command in similar lines which lets us create directories in remote locations. Could someone help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivay
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mass directory creation?

I have a couple thousand data files that all have to have there own directory named exactly the same as the file name. Then the file needs to be moved to that directory. For example files test1.mat, test2.mat, test3.mat in directory X need to have directories test1, test2, test3 created... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AeroEngy
6 Replies

3. Programming

creation of unwanted directory

hi all i have a file with server id's and I need to create a directory corresponding to each server id listed in the text file. eg: id directory name 1 node_1 2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
6 Replies

4. AIX

Filesystem creation over existing Directory

Is it possible to create a Filesystem with the mount point over an existing Directory, without loosing the data in the Directory? eg:- /u01 -> /pmmpd/u01 (Directory with soft link) /pmmpd/u01 (Need to create this filesystem, without loosing data) Thanks TheDoc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Creation problem

Hiiii, here is my script-- BackupLocation="$OPTARG" if ]; then echo "Either option l or L should be given to $Programname" echo "$Usage" echo "$Programname is terminated" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permission upon creation in a directory

I want to change the permission of a file when it gets created in a particular directory. For instance, I have directory MyDir. Everytime a file gets created in that directory, I would like to change the permission to 777. The context is that I have a 3rd party appication running as root. Only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep by range of date from file creation in directory

Hi Expert, Need your scripting and finding data so that it help me to find the culprit of this memory usage error. Data provided here is a sample. Process Snapshot directory: /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% pwd /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% ls -lrct -rw-r--r-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation date of a directory

what's the command to find the creation date of a certain dirctory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX directory creation issues

Hi All, I am facing a strange scenario. I upgraded my server version to new version of linux. After the when I create a directory it is created with . in the the permission . What is the reason and how to fix . $ mkdir test $ ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x. 2 uk01 users 6 Dec 7 03:49 test ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reason for no directory creation date

i read here that linux provides no way to determine when a directory was created. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/157874-creation-date-directory.htmlI have a directory /home/andy/scripts that had a README file in it. That file says I put the script in that directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
3 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_MOVEFILES(1)