Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx problem Post 71420 by bhargav on Wednesday 11th of May 2005 12:32:29 AM
Old 05-11-2005
some thing like this ...

Code:
while read line
do
      mailx -s "subject" $line < file1

done <  elist

Note : Code not tested.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Is there a size limit on the file that can be sent using mailx? I'm trying mailx -s "alertlog" tome@work < /dir/my.log and I only get a portion of the log. The newest portion of the log is not included in the mail. Additionally, I would like the option of mailing just the last 100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbartkow
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with mailx

Hi unix lovers, I have some problem with using mailx. I want to send mail as per the instructions in a file. The mail does not reach to CC recepients. To get a clearer picture, this is what I am typing on unix prompt. $ $ mailx ashishp@suntech.com < mail.txt $ And my mail.txt looks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx problem

I can send mail from my Sun Solaris 9 box via the mail gui no problem. If I try it from mailx command line, the mail doesn't send. What might be causing this? thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx problem

Hi Experts, Just need help maybe you have some time to spare :) I am having trouble creating a working script that will scan a file and mail specific persons I need to mail 5 persons person1,person2,person3,person4,person5 Person1,person2 I need to put them in the TO: field while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makaveli
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx, uuencode problem

I've this command to run ... Purpose : Send attachment file with e-mail body... ( E-mail body i read it from text file) uuencode TEST_FILE.csv TEST_FILE.csv | cat /usr/local/bin/EMAIL_BODY.txt - | mailx -s "TEST Report" -c receiver1@mail.com receiver2@mail.com Here is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -c PROBLEM

hi All, i want to email to abc@abc.com which will be in "to" and to def@def.com which will be in "cc". i tried like this: mailx -s "Total Collection" abc@abc.com -c def@def.com but i took error :( How can i success? Thanx so much. ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with mailx command

Hi, I have written down a script and in that im using mailx command in Unix. Such that i have taken the reciepent that would be in "To" using read command i.e from standard input and echoed the reciepients in cc into a file .Now im not able to use the mailx -r ie which sends the sender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx problem with multiple cc

I am writing a script to send an email of the result of the process but i cannot make the cc work correctly. RECIP="abc@example.com def@example.com" CC="ghi@example.com jkl@eaxmple.com" mailx -s "testing" -c $CC $RECIP < inputfile.txt Result: To: abc@example.com; def@example.com;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Mailx hanging problem

Hi all, I issued the following mailx -s "TEST" <mail> However it just hang there. :wall: How do i diagnose why it behave like this? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- No reply on this. Any help will be appreciated. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx problem

I executed my script in linux environment so Here Im facing problem.In linux has mailx command but if i include in following way Im getting error like ./script2.sh: line 6: mailx: command not found. if I use mail command also Im getting same error. $ cat script2.sh while ps | ./pwtst do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
5 Replies
Mail::Verify(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mail::Verify(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Verify - Utility to verify an email address SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Verify; DESCRIPTION
"Mail::Verify" provides a function CheckAddress function for verifying email addresses. First the syntax of the email address is checked, then it verifies that there is at least one valid MX server accepting email for the domain. Using Net::DNS and IO::Socket a list of MX records (or, falling back on a hosts A record) are checked to make sure at least one SMTP server is accepting connections. ERRORS
Here are a list of return codes and what they mean: 0 The email address appears to be valid. 1 No email address was supplied. 2 There is a syntaxical error in the email address. 3 There are no DNS entries for the host in question (no MX records or A records). 4 There are no live SMTP servers accepting connections for this email address. EXAMPLES
This example shows obtaining an email address from a form field and verifying it. use CGI qw/:standard/; use Mail::Verify; my $q = new CGI; [...] my $email = $q->param("emailaddr"); my $email_ck = Mail::Verify::CheckAddress( $email ); if( $email_ck ) { print '<h1>Form input error: Invalid email address.</h1>'; } [...] perl v5.8.8 2002-06-09 Mail::Verify(3pm)