Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I just did something bad....
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I just did something bad.... Post 71345 by Lss1 on Tuesday 10th of May 2005 08:35:54 AM
Old 05-10-2005
Its a new server, no backups yet. I cannot execute any commands (at least all that I have tried). Its a Fedora Core 2 box.
Edit: I cant even login now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad if test

:confused: Bad if test: if returns an error I have changed filename to "filename"s su "$filename" 'filename'' '$filename'' "./filename" "./$filename" error is usually why cant I test the filename? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharkze
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this look like a bad drive to anyone?

Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: WARNING: /pci@8,600000/scsi@1/sd@c,0 (sd42): Jun 19 02:45:28 Error for Command: read Error Level: Retryable Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: Requested Block: 713232 Error Block: 713244 Jun 19 02:45:28 scsi: Sense Key: Media Error (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgentile
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bad emulation

I am using mpc8xx processor with linux-2.4.20 kernel. These prints are getting flooded to my console almost consistenly. 14 06:29:17 MC4L-TP01 syslog.warn klogd: pte @ 0x10113d88: (0xc51cc100)->(0xc4bd144c)->0x01eec889 Oct 14 06:29:17 MC4L-TP01 syslog.warn klogd: RPN: 01eec PP: 2 SPS: 1 SH:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

8. Solaris

bad options(s)

Hi Folks, I am seeing an issue in solaris, while running a script.. Script contents #!/usr/bin/bash echo $HOME echo "********** RUNNING props on test ********" . /opt/home/weblogic/.profile > /dev/null echo "****** CURRENT BRANCH: $BRANCH *********"; .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution

Cant undestand :) why i have an error on line 2.it is working on my other boxes #!/bin/bash ret=$(echo Q | timeout 5 openssl s_client connect "${1`hostname`}:${2-443}" -ssl3 2> /dev/null) if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Protocol.*SSLv3'; then if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Cipher.*0000'; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies
OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)					      Virtualization Support						 OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)

NAME
osinfo-query - Query information in the database SYNOPSIS
osinfo-query [OPTIONS...] TYPE [CONDITION-1 [CONDITION-2 ...]] DESCRIPTION
The "osinfo-query" command allows extraction of information from the database. TYPE can be one of "os", "platform", "device", or "deployment". With no conditions specified, all entities of the given type will be listed. # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query os Short ID | Name ... ----------------------+----------- centos-6.0 | CentOS 6.0 ... centos-6.1 | CentOS 6.1 ... ... Conditions allow filtering based on specific properties of an entity. For example, to filter only distros from the Fedora Project, use # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query os vendor="Fedora Project" Short ID | Name ... ----------------------+-------------- fedora1 | Fedora Core 1 ... fedora2 | Fedora Core 2 ... ... The set of fields which are printed can be controlled using the "--fields" command line argument: # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query --fields=short-id,version os vendor="Fedora Project" Short ID | Version ----------------------+---------- fedora1 | 1 fedora2 | 2 ... OPTIONS
-s PROPERTY, --sort-key PROPERTY Set the data sorting key. Defaults sorting the first column -f PROPERTY1,PROPERTY2,..., --fields PROPERTY1,PROPERTY2,... Set the visibility of properties in output PROPERTY NAMES
OS Valid property names for the "os" type are: short-id The short OS identifier name The long OS name version The OS version string family The OS kernel family vendor The OS vendor release-date The OS release date eol-date The OS end-of-life date codename The OS code name id The OS identifier PLATFORM Valid property names for the "platform" type are: short-id The short platform identifier name The long platform name version The platform version string vendor The platform vendor release-date The platform release date eol-date The platform end-of-life date codename The platform code name id The platform identifier DEVICE Valid property names for the "device" type are: name The device name product The device product name product-id The device product ID string vendor The device vendor name vendor-id The device vendor ID string class The device type class bus The device bus type id The device identifier DEPLOYMENT Valid property names for the "deployment" type are: id The deployment identifier EXIT STATUS
The exit status will be 0 if matching entries were found, or 1 if not matches were found SEE ALSO
"osinfo-db-validate(1)", "osinfo-detect(1)" AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. LICENSE
"osinfo-query" is distributed under the termsof the GNU LGPL v2+ license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE libosinfo-0.2.7 2013-02-06 OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)