Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic unix file command!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting basic unix file command! Post 71323 by vino on Tuesday 10th of May 2005 05:25:59 AM
Old 05-10-2005
Kev,
Suppose you are in directory a.

Issue this at the prompt
ls -lR > outputa.txt

vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Unix Basic Command

A at : execute commands at a specified time/date. awk: a scripting language, especially useful for manipulating text and automation. B bash : invokes the Bourne Again Shell (standard on most boxes). batch: execute comands when load permits. bc : interactive C-like calcultor (integers... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: binhnx2000
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic Unix Question?

is there any reason why a user would want to create an empty file in Unix? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some Basic terms in UNIX

Hello Gurus, I have some very beginner level questions here, which are as follows: 1) I know what is a process, but what is a thread? and how a CPU devides a process into more than one threads and on what basis? Does a programmer designs a program in this way that it devides it into more than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Basic Unix installation help

Hi, I am a novice in Unix installation. Was experimenting with it. During installation, i created 2 partitions ( what i am calling ). One for the OS which was named SOLARIS & other was named PRI_DOS. Now on completion of installation, where has my PRI_DOS portion gone. How do i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell basic

need some help badly. if i had a file with content of few lines like the followings. 1183724770.651 0.049 137.157.56.169 200 415 GET http://venus/client/clients.xml "text/xml" 1183724770.651 0.049 141.183.101.250 200 415 GET http://venus/client/clients.xml "text/xml" using what command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akagi07
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix command help plz

I was wondering what command lines i could use to do the following. 1. mail a file to a user with a subject line "HELLO". Also, send a Blind carbon copy to a different user? 2. Display the number of files AND directories in a given directory? 3. Display the last 5 files in a given... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tragic54
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix beginner. Need some very basic help.

Hey all I'm working on a script that will scour a directory of 6000+ files for a line that at the end has a number. Something like 'The number of outputs is: 39200' I'm trying to devise a script to add all of these numbers up, so far I have the grep statement that pulls out each individual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiznaraN
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Unix cp command help

I am new to unix so this is probably a pretty basic question. I am trying to write several commands on one line that creates a directory called bf in the current directory, then copy all files within that directory and any subdirectories, that do not start with the letter c to the new bf folder.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty85
5 Replies
vino-passwd(1)							   User Commands						    vino-passwd(1)

NAME
vino-passwd - change vino login password SYNOPSIS
vino-passwd [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
vino-passwd is a command line tool to change the vino login password. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options for the command vino-passwd is included below. -?, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-server(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-passwd(1)