Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to recover a single file from tape Post 71240 by krishan on Monday 9th of May 2005 09:49:19 AM
Old 05-09-2005
It asks for the volume on which teh file was stored while taking dump. I can not figure out what volume its talking about. I tried with 0n, cn..

it's not working. can you please send me teh commands to do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover system file

Hi everyone I have a sun fire v880 server there having a system file problem it gets currupted. i haven't taken backup of that.i want to recover system file. i have not any tape drive ,CDDRIVE & machine is also not in network. so how i can recover system file. Is there any procedure for that or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip single file and untar single file

Dear friends, My requirement below- 1] I have a zip file on unix server - ETL_Extracts_20100218175009.zip which is composed of various entity extracts namely... ENTITY1.txt, ENTITY2.txt, ENTITY3.txt etc.... How do I unzip only a single file ..say ENTITY2.txt from this zip file. CAn you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover the truncate file

hi All, how to recover the truncate file in unix. Thanks!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover deleted file?

Hi All By mistake i have deleted some file in a directory, is there any way to get it back in Unix( i am using sh ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

9. Solaris

UNIX : how can I recover a corrupt tar file from a tape?

I've a tape contains a corrupt tar file. I'm using Unix SunOS 5.5.1. So when I run this command : dd if=/dev/rmt/0 of=/tmp/outputfile.tar I get this error message : warning /pci@1f, 0/pci@1/pci@1/sunw, isptwo@4/st@4,0 (sty): Error for command : read Error Level: Fatal Requested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akaderb
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a 2 Volume mksysb backup to a single tape?

Hi, I have an mksysb backup which consists of 2 Volume, how do I combine it into a single Volume or tape ? Appreciate it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
1 Replies
lvrmboot(1M)															      lvrmboot(1M)

NAME
lvrmboot - remove LVM logical volume link to root, primary swap, or dump volume SYNOPSIS
autobackup] dump_lv] vg_name Remarks cannot be performed if the volume group is activated in shared mode. DESCRIPTION
This command is supported for arguments belonging to volume groups version 1.0. Attempting this command with arguments belong to volume groups version 2.0 or higher will result in an error. The command updates all physical volumes contained in the volume group vg_name such that the logical volume is removed as a root, primary swap, or dump volume when the system is next booted on the volume group. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: vg_name The path name of the volume group. Set automatic backup for this invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes this time. Remove the definition of dump_lv as one of the dump volumes. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. This option will be obsolete in the next HP-UX release. Remove the definitions of all of the root, primary swap, and all dump volumes from the given volume group. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. Remove the definition of the primary swap volume from the given volume group. Update the Boot Data Reserved Area. This option will be obsolete in the next HP-UX release. Print verbose messages. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Specify that the logical volume should be removed as one of the dump logical volumes: Specify that volume group should no longer be a root volume group. Primary swap and dump are also removed. SEE ALSO
lvlnboot(1M), lvmadm(1M). lvrmboot(1M)