Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dynamic update of docs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dynamic update of docs Post 71143 by larryase on Friday 6th of May 2005 09:07:05 PM
Old 05-06-2005
sushil_d10,

This sounds like an DHTML thing you want to do. I think it would be cleaner then writing scripts. But if you want to continue with scripts; You need to creat a script that would be ran from the crontab. Something like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
if [[ -f /tmp/list_file ]]
then
rm -rf /tmp/list_file
fi
for user in `cat list_user`
do
cd ~$user/directory/
for files in `ls *.doc`
do
if [[! -f <location of files to share o the web>/$files ]]
then
ln -s $files <location of the files web>$files
echo <location of the files /$files >>/tmp/list_file
fi
done
done

Then you would need script that will read the .tmp/list_file and populate you web page with sed and awk. i have not tested this script. I hope this would help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[non-important] Indent here-docs?

I recently coded a typical ftp script looking like ftp -n $hostname << user $user $pass <commands..> quit ! I know the code fails when you try to indent it like: ftp $hostname << user $user $pass <commands..> quit ! Just for the sake of neat code, is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

2. AIX

Some command line docs

hi gurus, i am new to the AIX 5.3, if some one can provide the document related to the full command list with help, and other system admin related docs, it would be very helpful for me. With Best Regards Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksachdeva
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

need HP-UX docs

hi everyone I m plannin to study the HP-UX can anyone supply me with some docs or ebooks or any links for free download. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: livemyway
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I wanted to update a script, more dynamic (just say no to hard coding)...

currently it has the following: bdumpN=`ll /home/apps/oracle/admin/DBprod/bdump/DBprod_j* | grep "$Cdate" | wc -l` If I pass the DBname, I would not have to hardcode it in the script... I can capture the database name by adding the following: DBname=$1 The problem is, I have been unable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need docs.

Hi , Im not into much of a perl and now I have work on some perl scripts which use commands like Config::Tiny, Use Data:Dumper etc. Can any one provide insight into these commands or any documents are also more than welcomed. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Where did the docs go?

Did you ever wonder what Oracle did with the Sun Documentation? It's still out there but it's not that easy to find even with their new wiz-bang "My Oracle Support" page. I found this site today with links directly to the documentation. I hope everyone find this useful: Where'd the Docs Go?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to detect dynamic ip change and update to config file

Hi All, I am newbie here and request your assistance. I have a service running on public ip, but since I have a dynamic IP it keeps on changing and every time I need to manually get the new ip and add to the config file and restart the service. This has become bit time consuming. Hence, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
4 Replies
DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)						      dh-exec							DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh-exec-install - Install (and possibly rename) files. SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf usr/bin/* DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=install. It is meant to be used for dh_install(1) files, and those alone. If it finds that its input is not such a file, it will do nothing, but echo back the contents. The purpose of the program is to extend dh_install(1)'s functionality, by allowing to specify a destination filename. This can be accomplished by a special syntax: the " => " mark between a source and a destination means that the source file should be installed with the specified destination name. For obvious reasons, the source must not be a wildcard, and the destination in this case must be a file, and not a directory. All other non-comment lines are left alone. RESTRICTIONS
Due to the way executable scripts are called from debhelper(1), there is no way to know what options were used for the original dh_install(1). This means, that the --sourcedir option of dh_install(1) will not work correctly when dh-exec-install is in use. IMPLEMENTATION
Internally, the renaming happens by creating a temporary directory under debian/tmp/, and copying (or moving, if the source was under debian/tmp/ to begin with) the file there, with the new name. This is done this way to allow dh_install(1) to do the real copying, and allow its options to continue working, even when renaming is involved. The temporary directory is put under debian/tmp so that it will be cleaned by dh_prep(1) when the clean target gets to run. Thus, no extra code is needed anywhere to clean up the renamed files. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-install-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1), dh_install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-install is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)