Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trivial Unix Architecture question Post 70969 by vibhor_agarwali on Friday 6th of May 2005 01:14:12 AM
Old 05-06-2005
Mine virus is a general one.

It comprises of all bacterias and fungies also. Smilie

I was thinking about this matter because i am facing hell lot of trouble due to viruses on my PC and not a single one on the Unix boxes.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trivial awk question

i posted a reply the other day and needed an answer to this question while i was clarifyiing a few matter.. "how to compare to date variable in string format without having to compare word for word".. my reply was to try to use awk to compare the strings.. I wasn't quite sure if i remembered how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer that is not so trivial I guess

I have three computers A, B and C. To login to B and C I should use A because it has a SSH key. I don't have any other way of accessing these two computers. Now, if I need to transfer a file between B and C, I am unable to find a way that would work... because I don't know how to authenticate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Legend986
1 Replies

3. Programming

A trivial XOR doubt in a program

Hi, I am trying to reverse a string using the following program utilizing the Exclusive OR bit operation: int main() { char str = "Quraish"; char *p = str, temp; char *q = str + strlen(str) - 1; while ( p != q ) { if (*p != *q) { *p ^= *q; *q ^= *p; *p ^= *q;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in this trivial awk code

Hi, What is the difference in the following two awk one-liners? awk -F, '{s++} END {if (s == 1 && $4 > "09:10:00") {print $2, $4}}' f1 awk -F, '{s++} s == 1 && $4 > "09:10:00" {print $2, $4}' f1 Even though, all the 2nd column values have duplicate records, the first code does not give any... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. Programming

Trivial doubt about C function pointer

Hi, In the below C code, #include <stdio.h> void print() { printf("Hello\n"); } int main() { void (*f)() = (void (*)()) print; f(); (*f)(); } I wonder, how the syntaxes "f()" and "(*f)()" are treated as same without any error? Is this an improvement or ANSI/ISO... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Unix - Return generic Unix filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version() Return the version of the (sub)module. readFsTab This method provides the capability to parse a standard unix fstab file. It expects following arguments: fstabPath Full qualified path to the fstab file to read. fstabKeys The column names for the fstab file through an array reference. special_fs Hash reference containing the names of all special file systems having a true value as key. This method return true in case the specified file could be opened for reading, false otherwise. readMntTab This method provides the capability to read abd parse a standard unix mount-tab file. The file is locked using flock after opening it. It expects following arguments: mnttabPath Full qualified path to the mnttab file to read. mnttabKeys The column names for the mnttab file through an array reference. $special_fs Hash reference containing the names of all special file systems having a true value as key. This method return true in case the specified file could be opened for reading and locked, false otherwise. readMounts This method is called to parse the information got from "mount" system command. It expects following arguments: mount_rx Regular expression to extract the information from each mount line. pridx Array reference containing the index for primary keys of interest in match in following order: device, mount_point, type. keys Array reference of the columns of the match - in order of paranteses in regular expression. special Array reference containing the names of the special file system types. lines Array containing the lines to parse. readSwap This method is called to parse the information from the swap status. It expects following arguments: swap_rx Regular expression to extract the information from each swap status line. This regular expression should have exact one pair of parantheses to identify the swap device. lines Array containing the lines to parse. VERSION
$Id: Unix.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2008-2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Unix(3pm)