Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problems with file descriptor Post 70699 by teo on Tuesday 3rd of May 2005 05:46:40 AM
Old 05-03-2005
Sorry...
here it goes the getfile and sendfile function:

void
get_file(FILE *fp, int sockfd){
int n;
char buf[MAXSIZE];

/* read from the socket until i receive EOF */
while ((n = recv(sockfd, buf, MAXSIZE, MSG_WAITALL)) > 0){
if (fwrite(buf, sizeof(char), n, fp) != n){
printf("error\n");
exit(0);
}
}
return;
}

void
send_file(FILE *fp, int sockfd){
int n;
char buf[MAXSIZE];

/* write the file on socket */
while ((n = fread(buf, sizeof(char), MAXSIZE, fp)) > 0){
if (writen(sockfd, buf, n) != n){
printf("socket error\n");
exit(0);
}
}
return;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor Help

What is a file descriptor in Unix?? How to find a file descriptor of a file in Unix?? Does it have anything to do with the Inode numbers?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. Programming

File descriptor constant

I have a requirement to close all the file descriptors from 3 to 1024 for a particular application. Right now, this is how I do it .. for ( int i = 3 ; i <= 1024; ++i ) close(i); The change I am looking at is, I want to do away with the number 1024 and replace it with a constant which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Descriptor Table

Im working on writing a small operating system. I am currently working on implementing dup, dup2, pipe, and close and I need to implement some type of file descriptor table in my PCB. I was wondering if there is anyone who is familiar with linux/unix implementation of these tables who could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashaman0
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Descriptor

Hello All, Im opening a file desciptor in perl and sending data using print CMD "$xyz". is there a limit to the length of the string that I can give to this CMD at a time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor

Hi What the below path contains? /proc/<pid>/fd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file descriptor KSH

Hello, How can i use file descriptor in a script to read 2 files at the same time and extract line 200 from file 1 and line 500 from file 2. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File Descriptor in a While loop

Hi, I am trying to read a file line-by-line in a while loop, and perform some tasks which involves non-interactive SSH to a remote server. The code looks something like this -- #!/usr/bin/ksh export myFile=/path/to/my/file.load while read line do do something ## Adding the SSH... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subu1987
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable File Descriptor

Greetings. I am happily using constructs like the following; I have set -x to show fine distinctions. $ exec 4> afile + exec + 4> afile $ print -u4 This is the first line in afileAs you can see from the -x expansion, the shell performed the exec command and redirected file descriptor to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpaskudniak
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting with file descriptor

hello, Someone can help me with redirectors? I am writing this script in bash enviroment on Fedora: exec 4<> /dev/tcp/10.10.11.30/5000 #open socket in input/output strings<&4 >file.txt & I send file descriptor 4 to string command to purge data stream from special char while come from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rattoeur
3 Replies
SOCKATMARK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     SOCKATMARK(3)

NAME
sockatmark - determine whether socket is at out-of-band mark SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> int sockatmark(int sockfd); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sockatmark(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L DESCRIPTION
sockatmark() returns a value indicating whether or not the socket referred to by the file descriptor sockfd is at the out-of-band mark. If the socket is at the mark, then 1 is returned; if the socket is not at the mark, 0 is returned. This function does not remove the out-of- band mark. RETURN VALUE
A successful call to sockatmark() returns 1 if the socket is at the out-of-band mark, or 0 if it is not. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EBADF sockfd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL sockfd is not a file descriptor to which sockatmark() can be applied. VERSIONS
sockatmark() was added to glibc in version 2.2.4. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-------------+---------------+---------+ |sockatmark() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +-------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
If sockatmark() returns 1, then the out-of-band data can be read using the MSG_OOB flag of recv(2). Out-of-band data is supported only on some stream socket protocols. sockatmark() can safely be called from a handler for the SIGURG signal. sockatmark() is implemented using the SIOCATMARK ioctl(2) operation. BUGS
Prior to glibc 2.4, sockatmark() did not work. EXAMPLE
The following code can be used after receipt of a SIGURG signal to read (and discard) all data up to the mark, and then read the byte of data at the mark: char buf[BUF_LEN]; char oobdata; int atmark, s; for (;;) { atmark = sockatmark(sockfd); if (atmark == -1) { perror("sockatmark"); break; } if (atmark) break; s = read(sockfd, buf, BUF_LEN); if (s == -1) perror("read"); if (s <= 0) break; } if (atmark == 1) { if (recv(sockfd, &oobdata, 1, MSG_OOB) == -1) { perror("recv"); ... } } SEE ALSO
fcntl(2), recv(2), send(2), tcp(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SOCKATMARK(3)