Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: swinstall and autoreboot
Operating Systems HP-UX swinstall and autoreboot Post 70590 by schilukuri on Monday 2nd of May 2005 09:49:17 AM
Old 05-02-2005
swinstall and autoreboot

HI
I am new on unix admin. I would like to know, if it is possible to
a. install the patch (like phss_25277) during normal business hours and
b. reboot the server during off peak hours on a production box

c. what is the normal practise for the patch installs on hp-ux (PA-RISC, B.11.11) boxes

thanks
sarma

Last edited by Perderabo; 05-02-2005 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Remove email address

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help with swinstall

I'm trying to install gcc from hp with swinstall but what happens is the following: I change source to the correct depot, it complains it can't find anything, when I change target to /usr/local, it shows the depot in the list. Next, I mark it for install, install it, but then it gets installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help with swinstall HP patches

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my B1000 11.11. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I understand how to install depots. Very easy. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHCO_23770, PHCO_23092 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

swinstall error

Our company recently purchased a couple of rp3440 machines. They arrived with HPUX 11.11 installed. The default setup has /lib as a symbolic link to /usr/lib. I wanted to use some of the enhanced features of GNU softare, so I went to the HP-UX Porting and Archive center and downloaded the Core... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemiOfCol
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

swinstall

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. I am attempting some pre-requisites to an Oracle upgrade, part of which requires some OS patching. When I check using show_patches or swlist -l patch the patches do not exist. On visiting ItResource web page I see the patches and later "recommended" patches (that unlike... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to run sqlscript in the swinstall ?

hi, I have prepared a script with contents /dboracle/orabase/product/9.2.0.6/bin/sqlplus -s rcrp/rcrp<<EOF CREATE TABLE ADDER_CUG_LIST ( CUG_ID VARCHAR2(15) NOT NULL, TEL_NO VARCHAR2(15), START_DATE DATE, END_DATE DATE ); exit; EOF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

swinstall issues

what the heck am I doing wrong? Im trying to install bastille and i keep getting errors. # cd - /var/spool/sw # ls B6849AA_B.02.01.03.depot catalog swagent.log var # swinstall -s /var/spool/sw B6849AA ======= 10/04/07 09:47:43 EDT BEGIN swinstall... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

8. Solaris

swinstall: not found

i am having this error when i try to execute # swinstall -s /cdrom/volume_manager3.5/pkgs swinstall: not found anyone know why was it having this error? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

sos about swpackage AND swinstall

hi all, I just want to make a depot package.All steps: 1. make a psf file # PSF which define the myutil product depot layout_version 1.0 tag ddmi_linux_installer title ddmi_linux_installer # Product definition vendor tag HP title Hewlett-Packard Company product tag... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lb1111830
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

swinstall not working with target

Hi, I have installed a software using the command(swinstall -s /Softwares/Game.pkg AngryDog.nwr-cbin @/z_temp). During installation I didn't find any error, also I can find a folder structure(opt/angrydog...) getting created under "/z_temp" and all files are present. But software is not working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thunderbird288
1 Replies
myproxy-admin-query(8)						      MyProxy						    myproxy-admin-query(8)

NAME
myproxy-admin-query - query MyProxy repository contents SYNOPSIS
myproxy-admin-query [ options ] DESCRIPTION
The myproxy-admin-query command displays information about the credentials stored in the MyProxy repository. It can also be used to remove credentials from the repository, by combining query options with --remove. It accesses the repository directly and must be run on the machine where the myproxy-server(8) is installed from the account that owns the repository. An example cron job for running myproxy-admin-query periodically to remove invalid (expired, revoked, etc.) credentials from the repository is provided at $GLOBUS_LOCATION/share/myproxy/myproxy.cron. OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays command usage text and exits. -u, --usage Displays command usage text and exits. -v, --verbose Enables verbose debugging output to the terminal. -V, --version Displays version information and exits. -l username, --username username Return information on credentials for a single username. By default, the command returns information on all credentials for all usernames. -k name, --credname name Return information on the credentials with the specified name. -o DN, --owner DN Return information on the credentials owned by the specified distinguished name. -e hours, --expiring_in hours Return information on credentials with remaining lifetime less than the specified number of hours. For example, -e 0 will return all expired credentials. -t hours, --time_left hours Return information on credentials with remaining lifetime greater than the specified number of hours. -i, --invalid Return information on invalid (expired, revoked, etc.) credentials. -s dir, --storage dir Specifies the location of the credential storage directory. The directory must be accessible only by the user running the myproxy- server process for security reasons. Default: /var/lib/myproxy or /var/myproxy or $GLOBUS_LOCATION/var/myproxy -c file, --config file Specifies the location of the myproxy-server configuration file, for OCSP options. Default: /etc/myproxy-server.config or $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/myproxy-server.config -r, --remove Remove the credentials matching the query from the repository. For example, myproxy-admin-query -e 0 -r will remove all expired credentials from the repository. -L 'msg', --lock 'msg' Places the credentials matching the query under an administrative lock and specifies a message to be returned on access attempts. Be sure to put the message in quotes so it is captured as one argument to the command. -U, --unlock Removes any administrative locks for the credentials matching the query. EXIT STATUS
0 on success, >0 on error AUTHORS
See http://myproxy.ncsa.uiuc.edu/about for the list of MyProxy authors. SEE ALSO
myproxy-change-pass-phrase(1), myproxy-destroy(1), myproxy-init(1), myproxy-logon(1), myproxy-retrieve(1), myproxy-store(1), myproxy- server.config(5), myproxy-admin-adduser(8), myproxy-admin-change-pass(8), myproxy-admin-load-credential(8), myproxy-server(8) MyProxy 2011-09-19 myproxy-admin-query(8)