Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple FTP question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple FTP question Post 70450 by fundidor on Thursday 28th of April 2005 09:59:31 PM
Old 04-28-2005
I have been trying to work this out for weeks, and the answer is so simple.

Thank you Steve.

Bernardo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script to ftp?

Hi all has anyone got a code snippet of how i can ftp a file automatically by running a simple bash script. I have 4 things IP address xx.xxx.xx.xx username=satnam domain = app.sample.ftp password= satnam_password Im not sure how to pull these all together to ftp a file? any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question

If given some output such as: "I'm having a senior moment" How do you print the last six characters to the screen? I'm thinking with awk or sed but can't remember how. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stepnkev
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Simple FTP Question

I'm a newbie and have hopefully a simple question. I have serveral users with FTP accounts but I want to have a single user that only has access to a single directory in /htdocs. How do I modify ftpdpro.conf so that the single user when they FTP in goes directly to the directory instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stryker43
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Simple FTP Script Here Syntax

I have a list of IP address and want to be assess whether FTP is allowing FTP access. I don't want to use lousy NT shell, but cannot get the syntax down on this. ftphosts.txt is a simple list of IP adresses. I want to iterate through the IPS and do a simple ftp IPadress user ftp password... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdotoli
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question

Hi, guys, I'm a new comer here. I'm studying Unix Shell and I met a problem confusing me a lot. Here it is : script 1: #!/bin/sh # scriptname : do_increment increment(){ sum=`expr $1 + 1` return $sum # Return the value of sum to the script. } echo -n "The sum is " increment $1 # Call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question 2

Hey , another question is below: Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ c=`ls -ls` Administrator@fe038390aa60482 ~/Frank/20130509 $ echo $c Total 4 1 -rwxr--r-- 1 Administrator None 482 May 9 11:07 do_increment 1 -rwxr --r-- 1 Administrator None 272 May 9 11:32 do_square 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)