Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers reg file sharing across partitons Post 70397 by jolok on Thursday 28th of April 2005 11:47:17 AM
Old 04-28-2005
Checkout man dd(1)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File sharing

I'm not sur how Im a new user (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1982
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg:how to search a file recursivly

Hi Guys, can any help to write a script to search for a file Recursively and i need to write a path of the file into some other file. May be upto 5 directories. Regards, Rajanikanth. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajanikanth
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Reg. /etc/passwd file

Hi friends, i need a favour from u all i made a small change in home pc it is INTEL i had change /etc/passwd i just change the shell for the root instead of sh i kept bash and i had taken back up of the file /etc/passwd. now the problem is i am not able to log in as a root i got a error NO Shell... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
10 Replies

7. Linux

reg-linked file

How to check this linked path, and the folder what is contains.. as i am new to linux, pls assist me lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Jun 24 2008 mail -> spool/mail/ Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

Hello all, Just curious. I have several unix echo commands(echo Y > file.txt) running in parallel(each directs a value of 'Y' to the same file). What happens if 2 echo's collide(trying to the write to the same file at the same time)? Not sure how unix deals with this. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robert4732
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reg problem deleting file

hi, 1. When i am deleting file in the linux machine i am getting below error message. rm text.fil rm: remove regular file `text.fil'? y rm: cannot remove `text.fil': Read-only file system From su also i tried i am getting same error message. 2. Some times the file permissions and user name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coconut.ramu
1 Replies
SVK::Editor::XD(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					SVK::Editor::XD(3)

NAME
SVK::Editor::XD - An editor for modifying svk checkout copies SYNOPSIS
$editor = SVK::Editor::XD->new ( path => $path, target => $target, oldroot => $fs->revision_root ($fromrev), newroot => $fs->revision_root ($torev), xd => $xd, get_copath => sub { ... }, get_path => sub { ... }, ); DESCRIPTION
SVK::Editor::XD modifies existing checkout copies at the paths translated by the get_copath callback, according to the incoming editor calls. The path in the depot is translated with the get_path callback. There are two modes, one is for applying changes to checkout copy as external modification, like merging changes. The other is update mode, which is used for bringing changes from depot to checkout copies. PARAMETERS
In addition to the paramters to SVK::Editor::Checkout: target The target path of the editor calls. Used for deciding if the root's meta data needs to be updated in update mode. xd SVK::XD object. oldroot Old root before the editor calls. newroot New root after the editor calls. update Working in update mode. get_path A callback to translate paths in editor calls to path in depot. ignore_keywords Don't do keyword translations (svn:keywords property). perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Editor::XD(3)