Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system Fake IPs
Operating Systems Solaris system Fake IPs Post 69998 by ppass on Monday 25th of April 2005 01:50:57 AM
Old 04-25-2005
system Fake IPs

hi all ;
I am using solaris 8 over SPARC .
i was given the role to administer a webmail server running Iplanet 4.2
i was told also that this server is running a website .
this server has 2 fake IPs .
My question is how i can know these fake IPs and how they are mapped .

cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fake System32 Folder

I read somewhere that you can create a fake system32 folder in linux where you can store the most common windows runtime libraries, that way you can install windows programs (using wine) directly in linux, what I meen is that even the installer works. Does anyone know how I can do this, and where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fake deletion of files

Hi, This is possibly an odd request to do with permissions as I seem to have tied myself up with these! I have the following directory (see below) that contains files that the 'usergrp' user needs to be able to 'delete' files from. drwxr-s--- 2 usergrp usergrp 512 16 Feb 14:37... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peejay
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering Fake inputs

Hi My script takes input for a hostname. echo "enter hostname read hostname Now I would like to filter the fake inputs.My hostnames always follow same syntax ( abcd123.efgh.ijk.com). Appreciate everyones suggestions on this..Thanks.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

port mapping with fake ip

Hi there, i have a question to all. The task is: Redirect port from local host to remote (datapipe etc.) with faking my ip. For example, nmap with -S option make fake ip of host it being running. pic: -> 10.1.1.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lecter
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake network address....

Good morning! Why would having a fake network device be useful? Thanks in advance Bigben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

What is a fake network device?

Thanks in advance! Ben (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake email sender

Hi, I am using the below command to send the email. mailx -s "test from `hostname`" email@gmail.com < attachment.txt id uid=870(wlsuser) gid=641(wlsgrp) I recieve the email as "From: wlsuser@hostname Can I somehow have any string instead of wlsuser, if that grows too complex to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Fake MicroSoft calls

Dear colleagues, it's that time of the year again: in recent days and weeks I'm receiving annoying numbers of annoying "support" calls from dubious "MicroSoft Centers" telling me that my computer generates errors and / or downloads malicious SW. Although ignoring these pesterers on the phone,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
8 Replies
nissetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       nissetup(8)

NAME
nissetup, ypsetup - Sets up the Network Information Service (NIS) environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nissetup /usr/sbin/ypsetup DESCRIPTION
The nissetup (formerly ypsetup) script configures and runs NIS on your system. You can use nissetup to initially set up your NIS configura- tion, to change your current NIS configuration, or to remove your NIS configuration. NIS provides a distributed data lookup service for sharing data among networked systems. Before running nissetup, make sure that your system is connected to a local area network and that the network is configured and running. You must know the name of your NIS domain and your system's role in the domain (master server, slave server, or client). Security Note You invoke nissetup from the SysMan Menu. See sysman(8) for more information. When using the nissetup script to set up a NIS server that is running with enhanced security, you must answer yes to the question about locking the domain name and authorized servers (the ypbind -S option). If you are setting up a master server, the server is bound to itself (done by default). If you are setting up a slave server, the server is bound to itself done by default) and optionally to the master server and any other slave servers. If your system will be the master server for your NIS domain, be sure no other master exists for your domain and that the NIS database files are in the /var/yp/src directory. Note Remove the root entry, if it exists, from the passwd database file. If your system be will be a slave server or client, be sure a master server is already set up for your NIS domain. FILES
Specifies the command pathname NIS parameters pertinent to a specific system Default NIS Databases In the /var/yp/src directory, the default databases are: Group database Host database Sendmail alias database Network group aliases data- base Network database Password database Protocol database RPC database Service database SEE ALSO
Commands: domainname(1), ypwhich(1), svcsetup(8), sysman(8), sysman_station(8), ypbind(8), yppasswdd(8), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) Files: svc.conf(4) Networking: nis_intro(7), nis_manual_setup(7) Network Administration nissetup(8)