Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking any system call in unix to access ip routing table Post 69902 by kduffin on Thursday 21st of April 2005 11:56:48 AM
Old 04-21-2005
netstat -nr

Never underestimate the power of 'man -k'

man -k route

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sigwait system call in UNIX signal

Hi Everybody, I have gone through man of sigwait and new to UNIX signals. Could anyone explain me about the following lines mentioned in sigwait man help ? "The selection of a signal in set is independent of the signal mask of the calling thread or LWP. This means a thread or LWP can ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: md7ahuja
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip routing table

hi all, how to access ip routing table throgh program, how should i integrate my rip routing table with the ip routing table :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodkumar
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

routing table

hi all... i need to know, where is locate the routing table on sun solaris, how i can saved the configuration.... because when i restart the server, lost the configuration.... thank you... Regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Routing table

Hi all, I am confusing with routing table, i use linux and iptables. i have 1 internet gateway, and 1 router for VPN. here is my network. eth0=192.168.0.1 eth1=192.168.100.1 192.168.0.0/24 --- eth0(Linux Box)eth1 ---(DSL)---Internet | ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
4 Replies

5. Linux

Routing Table

Hello, how to make entries in routing table perminent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teenasuresh
1 Replies

6. Programming

Access()System call

Hi, Is it possible to check the Existence/read/write of stdin,stdout,stderr using access() call like for the files we do. Ex: fd=access("./hi.txt",F_OK) Similarly I wanna check stdin/tdout/stderr using access() call I tried using fd=access(stdout,F_OK); But the result is -1. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX System Call for creating process

Hell Sir, This is chanikya Is there any System call which behaves just like fork but i dont want to return back two times to the calling func. In the following ex iam creating a child process in the called func but the ex prints two times IN MAIN. ex :- calling() { fork(); } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanikya
2 Replies

8. Programming

UNIX system call in COBOL

Hi, The UNIX system call inside the COBOL program is doing the specified command correctly. MOVE W080-UNZIP-FILE-COMMAND TO W080-OUTPUT-COMMAND CALL "SYSTEM" USING W080-OUTPUT-COMMAND RETURNING W080-SYS-CALL-STATUS BUT The problem is, the following keeps on showing on the log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyAV
2 Replies

9. Solaris

System call to get the routing table

I want to implement a feature in my project where I want to attach the virtual IP on the interface present at the top in Routing table. I know the command to print the routing table, its "netstat -r". But I need a system call, so that I don't have to go for parsing . Can someone please provide any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems to call the DB table through UNIX

Hi All, I am beginner to the Unix scripting, i am writing a script to call the DB through Unix script. I have to read the files from the given path and in each file the first column i have to pick up and delete the row in the table based on that column. #!/bin/sh set -x # Check to see if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidy
8 Replies
NETWORKS(5)						    Linux System Administration 					       NETWORKS(5)

NAME
networks - network name information DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/networks is a plain ASCII file that describes known DARPA networks and symbolic names for these networks. Each line repre- sents a network and has the following structure: name number aliases ... where the fields are delimited by spaces or tabs. Empty lines are ignored. The hash character (#) indicates the start of a comment: this character, and the remaining characters up to the end of the current line, are ignored by library functions that process the file. The field descriptions are: name The symbolic name for the network. Network names can contain any printable characters execept white-space characters or the comment character. number The official number for this network in numbers-and-dots notation (see inet(3)). The trailing ".0" (for the host component of the network address) may be omitted. aliases Optional aliases for the network. This file is read by the route(8) and netstat(8) utilities. Only Class A, B or C networks are supported, partitioned networks (i.e., net- work/26 or network/28) are not supported by this facility. FILES
/etc/networks The networks definition file. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3), getnetbyname(3), getnetent(3), netstat(8), route(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
/Linux 2008-09-04 NETWORKS(5)