Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mcs equivalent in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX mcs equivalent in HP-UX Post 69787 by vibhor_agarwali on Wednesday 20th of April 2005 08:32:22 AM
Old 04-20-2005
Well,

I already know the first and the third links.
Whats "Tru64 UNIX Migration Environment for HP-UX"?
I downloaded the STK from there, but it didn't run.
Error like "no supported tool for your environment" popped up

The elf command i think provides functions to manipulate the library during coding. ( as a matter of coincidence, i was just looking into it ).
If i am wrong here, please guide.

What i actually want to do is:
after the full development of executables, i want to add a release tag before delivering it to the clients, so that later on i can track the versions there.
I am not willing to touch the code for this.

Can i do this without touching the code?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

pwdx equivalent on HP

In sun solaris, pwdx will give the print working directory. Suppose I have 5 databases running on different oracle versions. If I want to know what database is running on what oracle version, I just give pwdx <process id>. It will show the oracle home details. Could you give me the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracleuser
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need perl equivalent

Dear All, Good day, can any of you help me in the following problem: I need to find the perl equivalent for the following commandline grep characters |awk '{print \$2}'Expecting your reply and thanks in advance. Warm regards Fredrick. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
4 Replies
elf32_checksum(3ELF)					       ELF Library Functions					      elf32_checksum(3ELF)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum - return checksum of elf image SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lelf [ library ... ] #include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
The elf32_checksum() function returns a simple checksum of selected sections of the image identified by elf. The value is typically used as the .dynamic tag DT_CHECKSUM, recorded in dynamic executables and shared objects. Selected sections of the image are used to calcluate the checksum in order that its value is not affected by utilities such as strip(1). For the 64-bit class, replace 32 with 64 as appropriate. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
elf(3ELF), elf_version(3ELF), gelf(3ELF), libelf(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Jul 2001 elf32_checksum(3ELF)