Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Epson lq2080 Aix 4.3.3
Operating Systems AIX Epson lq2080 Aix 4.3.3 Post 69692 by Niko on Tuesday 19th of April 2005 04:43:36 AM
Old 04-19-2005
If printer is local, define printer via smitty, or
if printer is network printer define queue name and IP into
/etc/hosts file, next define this queue into /etc/qconfig

try ping IP-printer

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epson Driver

hi i'm new here and my first problem ( and not the last) that i acquired a network laser printer epson epl 6200n and i can't print on it with unix sco5. is there a driver that allow this? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zapping
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epson driver

:confused: I want to install epson LQ1150 printer on a unix system ,epson doesnt have a unixdriver provided with it,which comptible driver would support the printer with unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athais
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UNIX, EPSON FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion

Does anyone knows if HP-UNIX supports Epson FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion? These are all dot matrix printers. I have been trying to look for the driver but no avail. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wyattwang
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Epson ESC/P2 on solaris prints LD

I am hoping someone can help me with this little riddle. I have an oldish Epson ESC/P2 which I connected to a solaris10 box, with 2 queues, 1 with the solaris print filter so I can print from Solaris (works fine), and a second raw queue so that windows machines can print to it. The raw queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdommett
0 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
GIMPPRINT-INKTYPES(7)					      Gimp-Print Manual Pages					     GIMPPRINT-INKTYPES(7)

NAME
gimpprint-inktypes - Gimp-Print inkset types DESCRIPTION
Gimp-Print supports many different inksets, which are printer type specific. The option names are case sensitive. Two names are listed for each resolution; the first (short) name is the inktype, and the second (long) name is descriptive. Not all ink types are supported on all printers. INK TYPES
Epson and Lexmark (other than the 4076) printers Six color printers can print using four color inks or all six colors. Six color mode is recommended for photographs. Four color mode may be useful when printing text with embedded graphics to reduce ink consumption, or to print higher quality with Ordered, Fast, or Very Fast dithering (see below). The "Composite" modes use only color inks (no black) to produce all colors and black. These ink types are rarely useful, but on certain types of paper they may produce a smoother image than that produced by mixing black ink in. The Epson Stylus Color 1500 cannot mix black ink with colored inks; on this printer, Three Color Composite must be used. Ink Type Description ----------------------------------------------------- Photo7 Seven Color Photo (CcMmYKk, for the Epson Stylus Photo 2100 and 2200, and Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600) PhotoCMYK Six Color Photo PhotoCMY Five Color Photo Composite CMYK Four Color Standard RGB Three Color Composite Quadtone Quadtone grayscale inks (special third party inksets designed to produce supe- rior results for grayscale images) Gray2 Two Level Grayscale (Kk, for the Epson stylus Photo 2100 and 2200, and Stylus Pro 7600 and 9600) Canon printers Ink Type Description ------------------------ Gray Black RGB Color CMYK Black/Color PhotoCMY Photo/Color PhotoCMYK Photo PCL (Hewlett-Packard and Lexmark 4076) color printers Ink Type Description ----------------------------------------------------------- CMYK Color + Black Cartridges Photo Color + Photo Cartridges (For Deskjet 69x only) Black and white PCL printers (laser printers, in particular) do not allow any value to be specified for the ink type. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (roger@whinlatter.uklinux.net) SEE ALSO
gimpprint-color(7), gimpprint-dithers(7), gimpprint-imagetypes(7), gimpprint-mediasizes(7), gimpprint-mediasources(7), gimpprint-medi- atypes(7), gimpprint-models(7), gimpprint-resolutions(7). Version 4.2.4 25 Nov 2002 GIMPPRINT-INKTYPES(7)