Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Epson lq2080 Aix 4.3.3
Operating Systems AIX Epson lq2080 Aix 4.3.3 Post 69692 by Niko on Tuesday 19th of April 2005 04:43:36 AM
Old 04-19-2005
If printer is local, define printer via smitty, or
if printer is network printer define queue name and IP into
/etc/hosts file, next define this queue into /etc/qconfig

try ping IP-printer

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epson Driver

hi i'm new here and my first problem ( and not the last) that i acquired a network laser printer epson epl 6200n and i can't print on it with unix sco5. is there a driver that allow this? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zapping
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epson driver

:confused: I want to install epson LQ1150 printer on a unix system ,epson doesnt have a unixdriver provided with it,which comptible driver would support the printer with unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athais
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UNIX, EPSON FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion

Does anyone knows if HP-UNIX supports Epson FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion? These are all dot matrix printers. I have been trying to look for the driver but no avail. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wyattwang
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Epson ESC/P2 on solaris prints LD

I am hoping someone can help me with this little riddle. I have an oldish Epson ESC/P2 which I connected to a solaris10 box, with 2 queues, 1 with the solaris print filter so I can print from Solaris (works fine), and a second raw queue so that windows machines can print to it. The raw queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdommett
0 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
gif2bgi(1)						      General Commands Manual							gif2bgi(1)

NAME
gif2epsn - A program to dump images saved as GIF files on Epson type printers. USAGE
gif2epsn [-q] [-d dither] [-t bw] [-m map] [-i] [-n] [-p printer] [-h] gif-file If no gif-file is given, Gif2Epsn will try to read a GIF file from stdin. MEMORY REQUIRED
Screen. OPTIONS
[-q] Quiet mode. Default off on MSDOS, on under UNIX. Controls printout of running scan lines. Use -q- to invert. [-d dither] Sets size of dithering matrix, where DitherSize can be 2,3 or 4 only (for 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 dithering matrices). Default is 2. Note image will be displayed in this mode only if the mapping option (see -m) selected this mode. [-t bw] Sets threshold level for B&W mapping in percent. This threshold level is used in the different mappings as selected via -m. Default is 19%. [-m map] Select method to map colors to B&W. Mapping can be: 0 Every none background color is considered foreground (white color but is drawn as black by printer, unless -i is specified). 1 If 0.3 * RED 0.59 * GREEN 0.11 * YELLOW > BW the pixel is considered white color. 2 Colors are mapped as in 1, and use dithering of size as defined using -d option. BWthreshold is used here as scaler. The default is option 0. [-i] Invert the image, i.e. black -> white, white -> black. [-n] Nicer image. Uses double-density feature of Epson printer. This takes more time (and kills your ink cartridge faster...) but results are usually better. [-p printer] Under Unix, output goes to stdout by default; under DOS, the default is LPT1:. With this switch you can specify the output target. [-h] print one line of command line help, similar to Usage above. NOTES
The output has an aspect ratio of 1, so a square image will be square in hardcopy as well. The widest image can be printed is 640 pixels, on 8 inch paper. You probably will need to flip wider images, if height is less than that: `<a href="gifflip.html">gifflip -r x29.gif | gif2epsn'. Wider images will be clipped. AUTHOR
Gershon Elber Man page created by T.Gridel <tgridel@free.fr>, originally written by Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> giflib-tools gif2bgi(1)