Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: package from shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting package from shell script Post 69662 by Just Ice on Monday 18th of April 2005 02:47:40 PM
Old 04-18-2005
you can package a shell script by itself --- even nothing else but a package description ... see "man pkgmk" ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate Package Installation

Hi, I have been asked to automate the package installation through shell script. I have 10 packages to be installed and in that 4 packages requires additional DB information(Host Name, Credentials etc) to be passed and for remaining 6 packages i need to provide the "Yes" - "No" . I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhilan.r
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java package restructuring using shell/sed/perl

Hi we are having more than 10k file source code clutterred across different directories. 1. we want to find duplicate file name 2. all java files and having having below content in various folder under /home/raxit/src --------- /*comment etc for few line */ package hello.a.b.c; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

4. Programming

Shell programing to implement SQL package

hi all, i have a table with employee details like his name,addr,DOB etc. i need a shell program which takes one date as input from user and print the employees whose DOB is less than that date. in sql package the select query is written (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to call Oracle package through shell script?

Hey i have a package in oracle to validate file mask. can i call it in through shell script . if yes , how Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle package in shell file?

How to call oracle package in shell file in my shell file, I have Export SQL FILE =$Home_dir select.sql if I want to add call two function in package how can I do it :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)