Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compiling the RRDtool
Operating Systems HP-UX compiling the RRDtool Post 69577 by Kalin on Saturday 16th of April 2005 05:40:38 AM
Old 04-16-2005
Thank you.
I'm coming slowly forward with HP-UX, but I find Linux more friendly...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debian, digitemp, rrdtool

Mit perlscript: #!/usr/bin/perl # # copyright Per Hansen 2009 # # # temp.pl use lib qw(/opt/rrdtool-1.4.1/lib/perl); use RRDs; # sti til rrdtool databases my $rrd = '/var/lib/rrd'; # sti til færdige grafer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perhansen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rrdtool question

Hi, DEF:clients=cccam.rrd:kliensek:AVERAGE DEF:activeclients=cccam_actclient.rrd:activeclients:AVERAGE "LINE1:clients#0000FF:Connected clients" COMMENT:" \n" "LINE2:activeclients#99FF00:Active clients" COMMENT:" \n" GPRINT:clients:LAST:'Current'\%5.0lf%s COMMENT:" \n"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adriankoooo
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Why do we use RRDtool in MRTG?

Hi Guys, Why do we use RRDtool in MRTG? I have implemented MRTG for some routers, I have read some notes about RRDTOOL also but don't know what is use of these tool. Any one one please explain me the use of RRDTOOL in their own words? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python-rrdtool try except rrdtool.error module object has no attribute error

I have this code that gives this error on Linux and will be grateful if you can help import rrdtool try: ret_asd = rrdtool.update(myfile.rrd,'N:%s:%s' %(metric1, metric2)); except rrdtool.error, e: print e When i run the above i get the below error except... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
1 Replies
Appender::RRDs(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Appender::RRDs(3)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Appender::RRDs - Log to a RRDtool Archive SYNOPSIS
use Log::Log4perl qw(get_logger); use RRDs; my $DB = "myrrddb.dat"; RRDs::create( $DB, "--step=1", "DS:myvalue:GAUGE:2:U:U", "RRA:MAX:0.5:1:120"); print time(), " "; Log::Log4perl->init(qq{ log4perl.category = INFO, RRDapp log4perl.appender.RRDapp = Log::Log4perl::Appender::RRDs log4perl.appender.RRDapp.dbname = $DB log4perl.appender.RRDapp.layout = Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout log4perl.appender.RRDapp.layout.ConversionPattern = N:%m }); my $logger = get_logger(); for(10, 15, 20, 25) { $logger->info($_); sleep 1; } DESCRIPTION
"Log::Log4perl::Appender::RRDs" appenders facilitate writing data to RRDtool round-robin archives via Log4perl. For documentation on RRD and its Perl interface "RRDs" (which comes with the distribution), check out <http://rrdtool.org>. Messages sent to Log4perl's RRDs appender are expected to be numerical values (ints or floats), which then are used to run a "rrdtool update" command on an existing round-robin database. The name of this database needs to be set in the appender's "dbname" configuration parameter. If there's more parameters you wish to pass to the "update" method, use the "rrdupd_params" configuration parameter: log4perl.appender.RRDapp.rrdupd_params = --template=in:out To read out the round robin database later on, use "rrdtool fetch" or "rrdtool graph" for graphic displays. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-02-07 Appender::RRDs(3)