Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Graphical interface programming in FreeBSD Post 69558 by dfowensby on Friday 15th of April 2005 05:40:46 PM
Old 04-15-2005
http: www.gnome.org
are you running a default gui at this time? the gtk is a good idea, and the 5.4 beta release from freebsd might be what you're looking for.
i'm using it now, and i have yet to get snagged by a bug.
yet.
freebsd is utilizing gnome 2.10. it sorta Rocks!
luck -O.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

graphical interface via remote login

I use telent or netterm to remotely login onto a linux sever, but I could only use the command-line interface. I want to know how can I use the graphical interface such as KDE or GNOME. Thanks a lot.:p (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guanglei_li
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphical Interface

While trying to install mandrake I click graphical install and the screen turns black ... why is it doing this? Here is what is going on ... I downloaded caldera, but i didn't know how to install it so I borrowed mandrake disks from a friend. I installed mandrake but in the middle there was... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: OOnegative
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
1 Replies

4. Linux

How change GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build graphical interface using shell scripts and ncurses library ?

Hi, (please don't move this question, as it refers to graphical animation solution, using shell scripts and a number of known graphical objects and using of foreground and background process switch control shell scripts to get objects with refresh/ animation effect). I will provide you with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

no graphical interface after installation

Hello everyone, After installing Ubuntu 8.10 from DVD the Operating System boots into text mode. How do I get the graphical user environment to load. The DVD includes a live/install that holds Intrepid Ibex (8.10) Thanks in advance for the help, Dirk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
1 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with graphical interface

Hi, i have problems with an installation of Debian i386 505 in a pc. The hardware it is a mother soyo with a chipset via. When i install the xorg, the installation it`s succesfull, but when i type startx, the pc don`t respond. I am from Argentina and my English it isn`t good. Sorry. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kritar
0 Replies

8. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
gnome-session-save(1)						   User Commands					     gnome-session-save(1)

NAME
gnome-session-save - saves or terminates the current GNOME session SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-save [--gui] [--kill] [--session-name=name] [--silent] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-session-save can be used from a GNOME session to save a snapshot of the currently running applications. This session will be later restored at your next GNOME startup session. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --gui If specified, then any errors will be displayed in a dialog box. Otherwise, such messages are displayed to stderr. Note that this option has no affect any dialogs that the window manager might display. --kill Terminates the GNOME session. The session will not be saved if this option is provided, unless the user has configured their session to always save on logout. -s, --session-name=name Set name of session to save. --silent Avoids displaying any confirmation or dialogs, including ones that are displayed by the window manager (such as dialogs informing the user about any windows that cannot save session, or session logout confirmation when the --kill option is also used). gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Saving the user's current session example% gnome-session-save Example 2: Terminating the user's current session example% gnome-session-save --kill EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-save The command-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-session(1), metacity(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 07 Nov 2007 gnome-session-save(1)