Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Web site Security WRT MySql - how set up? Post 69182 by marty 600 on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 09:41:26 PM
Old 04-12-2005
hiya cbk,

I'd like to write one myself - if it is easy enough.

Failing that - I'm hoping there must be bog standard "scripts" out on the internet somewhere, which I can use. Logins into websites must be a regular request etc.

Cheers
Martin

PS:
If there a good book out there which I can buy - looked through amazon, and cannot find a book that goes into this.

I have:
1. An Apache handbook - Craig Hunt - which has not been much use at all so far

2. HTML book
3. PHP book
etc
etc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site setup

Hi, I have a m/c loaded with redhat linux, static IP address and this m/c intern connected to the internet thro leaseline. Now i need to setup a company website has www.abc.xyz.com. What necessary configuration i need to do so that others can view our website. Thanks Bache Gowda (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site

Here is a great news story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=9&u=/cmp/13100775 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Site Creation - testing .*pl etc....

Hiya All, How can I test my PERL Scripts whilst making my web site? I'm hoping there is some software out there that emulates a Web Server - without all the hassle of my building/setting up a Web Server from Stratch (Never done anything like that before - my next big project! 8) ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
7 Replies

5. AIX

intranet web site

hello I would like to create an internal web site, but how do i make it with Aix ? I must to install apache and send my http pages in the declared repertory ? There are some configuration files to modify ?? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

6. Linux

linking HTML web site to DB oracle

Hi if i have an HTML web site and oracle database and i need to link them, both r on a linux server. please can u tell me what can i use to link the DB to the web site? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seemharoun
1 Replies

7. AIX

how to browse a web site using script

hi guys, ok this script, i am trying to browse a http site and store the output in a text file ... when i run the script , i get a http compatibility error. does any1 have a good solution to contact a http server and save the html in a text file.. i know the result comes with html tags. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help in creating my first web site?

I have always wanted to create my own site, I've only had one class about the basics in creating web pages but know i would like to get into more and more detailed info about doing so anyone with alot of experience please help me out.:b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
0 Replies

9. Web Development

Web Site Performance Issue

Hi All, I am currently managing a web site. I find that during the peak time period,ie,between 1300hrs to 2100hrs everyday,the response slows down whenever i access the applications hosted by the server.However when i try to access the static content in the web server,it loads quickly. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies
convauth(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       convauth(8)

NAME
convauth - convert security authorization databases into database format SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/convauth [-O] [-d dblist] [-q] [-r] [-u uid] [-v] [-H] FLAGS
-d dblist Specifies which databases to convert. Choose one or more of the letters d, f, p, t, or v. d - /etc/auth/system/default to /etc/auth/system/default.db f - /etc/auth/system/files to /etc/auth/system/files.db p - /tcb/files/auth/?/* to /tcb/files/auth.db and /var/tcb/files/auth.db t - /etc/auth/system/ttys to /etc/auth/system/ttys.db v - /etc/auth/system/devassign to /etc/auth/system/devassign.db If no -d option is given, the default database list is as though -d pt were specified. -q Suppresses non-error output. -r Keeps all migrated user-profile entries in /tcb/files/auth.db rather than /var/tcb/files/auth.db. -u uid Specifies the minimum general user UID. User-profile entries with uids lower than this value (default 100) are written to the /tcb/files/auth.db file, and profile entries with UIDs greater than or equal to this value are written to the /var/tcb/files/auth.db file. -v Gives more verbose messages. -O Reverts from *.db files to old-style databases. Not allowed for auth.db. -H Prints a help messages and exits with no further processing. DESCRIPTION
The convauth utility is used to convert existing ASCII system authorization database files to database format for faster access and updates. In the case of the ttys and user-profile data, this greatly improves the performance of login when using enhanced security. The convauth utility is executed by update installation scripts. EXAMPLES
The default conversion done to convert the user profiles and terminals information: # convauth The same conversion explicitly showing the default databases and general user UID assumptions: # convauth -d tp -u 100 Conversion of only the device assignment data: # convauth -d v RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: convuser(8), edauth(8), authck(8) Files: authcap(4), prpasswd(4), ttys(4), default(4), devassign(4), files(4) Security delim off convauth(8)