Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture output of program to file with limited filesize Post 69175 by reborg on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 06:55:17 PM
Old 04-12-2005
How could you do that? You have no way of knowing if a shortened logfile will have the information you want in it.

You could split the output and only send the error log. That might help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementing "Time Limited, Trial" version of my program

Hello everyone, I am just looking for ideas on how I can implement a demo version of my program which will be available in unix environment (solaris and linux). So what I have in mind is to either implement a limited-time version (trial version expires after 30 days) or a limited-number... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture output of file and send last string thereof to new file

Hello, If I run a program from within shell, the output is displayed in the command line terminal. Is there a way I can capture that output and choose only the very last string in it to send it to a new file? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Programming

capture key board events using C program

hi This is mahesh please can any one post source of 'c'. to capture key board events. thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smahesh2007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture RC from SAS Program into K-shell

I am running a SAS program within K-shell. This SAS program gives me return code of 3000. However, when I check return code in my K-shell, it displays RC=2. Can someone tell me how to capture RC from SAS to K-shell? Thanks. Pramodini (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture output to log file

Hi I have a script that will run multiple unix & sql commands. I want to see the output as well as capture it to a log file for further analysis. Is there an easy way to do that instead of adding "tee -a logfile" on everyline or even on the execute line (i.e. script | tee -s logfile). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke external program and capture its output

Hi all, I am using an external binary to view memory starting from a specific address and i want to automate this via PERL however there are problems. Hope you can help me ..thx The output of the programme is like below: bash-3.2$ mem_disp 12B21D20 100 Opening RO Data Memory File scp.ro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekckabatop
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of open pipe to a file in perl

Hi, I am trying to capture the output of the an open pipe in perl. but I am not sure how to do this. can some one please help me do that? Below is the script I am using (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies
kbackup(1)						      General Commands Manual							kbackup(1)

NAME
kbackup - An easy to use backup program VERSION
0.7 DESCRIPTION
Kbackup is a program that lets you back up any directories or files. It uses an easy to use directory tree to select the things to back up and lets you save your settings in "profile" files. These are simple textfiles containing definitions for directories and files to be included or excluded from the backup process. USAGE
Usage: kbackup [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [profile] APPLICATION OPTIONS
Generic options: --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information Arguments: profile Start with given profile Options: --script <file> Script to run after finishing one archive slice --auto <profile> Automatically run the backup with the given profile and terminate when done. --autobg <profile> Automatically run the backup with the given profile in the background (without showing a window) and terminate when done. --verbose In autobg mode be verbose and print every single filename during backup --forceFull In auto/autobg mode force the backup to be a full backup instead of acting on the profile settings AUTHORS
Kbackup was written by Martin Koller <kollix@aon.at>. This man-page was created by Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com> and is licensed under the same terms as kbackup. 2010-07-13 kbackup(1)