Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a Daemon??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a Daemon?? Post 69167 by nmajin on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 03:45:15 PM
Old 04-12-2005
Creating a Daemon??

How in the world do you create a daemon and get it to start with a startup script? could someone tell me in detail im going nuts...thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

daemon

I want to write background running program. How to use daemon function. Please send me source code. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bat_oyu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is this daemon effiecient???

I just wanted a script to touch my files once a day so they don't get removed once a day from cleaning, however I was wondering if it was the most effiecient method? comments are appreciated! command-prompt>nohup toucher.sh & Toucher.sh #!/usr/local/bin/bash while ((1)) do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

3. Programming

Creating a Daemon

how to convert a c program into a Daemon. thanks in advance svh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

4. Programming

Daemon

i want to write a daemon service which listens the 8080 port and write down all the details in one file. How can i do this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

créating a daemon under unix

hi i want to create a daemon under unix or linux but i don't really know how so i will be grateful if you provide me links with examples or /andx how to do it thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: student00
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a daemon to run in background

I am trying to create a service to always run and monitor a script that has a tendency to hang, we could not find what is causing it to hang so are in the process of completely reprogramming just about everything, however, that will take upto 6 months. So I need to create this to monitor the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

9. Programming

Daemon process

I wish to make a process run in the background, but only one instance of it, and not many, so when the program is loaded, it has to check whether another instance of the same program is running and if so to exit. How do I do this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
4 Replies
sndrd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 sndrd(1M)

NAME
sndrd - Remote Mirror daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrd [-c max_connections] [-l listen_backlog] DESCRIPTION
The sndrd daemon processes client Remote Mirror requests. Only the root user or a user with equivalent privileges can run this daemon. The daemon is automatically invoked in run level 2. sndrd restarts the TCP transport layers. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for sndrd should, as root or equivalent, make changes in the /etc/default/sndr file rather than editing the /lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd file. See sndr(4). OPTIONS
The sndrd daemon supports the following options: -c max_connections Sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is 16. -l listen_backlog Sets connection queue length for the RDC TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 10 entries. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. Error information is reported to syslog at level LOG_ERR. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcadm(1M), syslogd(1M), ds.log(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd dae- mons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrd(1M)