Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to manipulate date?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to manipulate date? Post 68734 by beilstwh on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 02:17:48 PM
Old 04-06-2005
How do you think that you are going to be able to grab the time and date and manipulate it without calling unix functions. This must be a school assignment, that is the only reason that I can see that you wouldn't want to use already written functions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manipulate the output ???

In an operation, I have output like 22562K I want to manipulate this and want to perform some mathematical operations on that, any idea how can I get the digit no? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate files

Hi everybody: I have a problem. I have a output files which have this pattern: number1 --space block1a - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1b - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1c - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space number2 --space block2a - 7rows/10columns/65elements... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate postscript via sed

dear all, on solaris10 for x86 i am trying to modify the creation date of a postscript file with sed in a csh script. sed is driving me crazy though...i think due to the spaces in the string i am trying to substitute?? part of the postscript file: %!PS-Adobe-3.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lada niva
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Manipulate dir name

Hi as output i get a directory (i don't know its name) with many files inside. Now i need to find the directory name and change it as i need. I can found a directory name with this command: find -maxdepth 1 -type d | grep out Now i'd like to assign it to a variable and change it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to manipulate date format?

Hi, I need to convert the below string in 'yyyymmdd' format. e.g., 24 June 2011 -> 20110624 Please help !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Manipulate Date based on number of days?

I have script where in i issue a command to get back 6 month earlier date. below command works on all linux distribution. # date +%Y-%m-%d --date="2012-03-31 - 183 days ago" 2011-09-30 Is there any solaris equivalent command to do the same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate file

Hi Guys, I have a file that lists patches along with other information. The patches are listed in two different formats. One format lists the latest patch, date , installed patch Latest Patch Date IN 148412-02 13-Sep-2012 -- X X SunOS 5.10: nss_dns patch 126206-10 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to manipulate data using script

Hi i want to manipulate my data to convert row to column name 600 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 name 700 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nith_anandan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate a CSV File

Hello, How do i manipulate .csv file to this format? Thank you very much. Source: john,5 marco,7 john,4 paul,3 marco,8 Output: john,9 marco,15 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A better way to manipulate text

Good morning everyone, I'm currently trying to convert an environment variable into a string and then attach it at the end of a command and launch it. I have the following right now, but it's very ugly: AMI_TAGS="env=test,country=XX,city=blah,galaxy=blahblah" aws ec2 create-tags... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
8 Replies
Tk_Grab(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Grab(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Grab, Tk_Ungrab - manipulate grab state in an application SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_Grab(interp, tkwin, grabGlobal) void Tk_Ungrab(tkwin) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting Tk_Window tkwin (in) Window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed or released int grabGlobal (in) Boolean indicating whether the grab is global or application local _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set or release a global or application local grab. When a grab is set on a particular window in a Tk applica- tion, mouse and keyboard events can only be received by that window and its descendants. Mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is global, then all mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin (even those intended for windows in other applications) will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is application local, only mouse and keyboard events intended for a windows within the same application (but outside the tree rooted at tkwin) will be redi- rected. Tk_Grab sets a grab on a particular window. Tkwin specifies the window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed. GrabGlobal indicates whether the grab should be global or application local; if it is non-zero, it means the grab should be global. Normally, Tk_Grab returns TCL_OK; if an error occurs and the grab cannot be set, TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left if interp's result. Once this call completes successfully, no window outside the tree rooted at tkwin will receive pointer- or keyboard-related events until the next call to Tk_Ungrab. If a previous grab was in effect within the application, then it is replaced with a new one. Tcl_Ungrab releases a grab on the mouse pointer and keyboard, if there is one set on the window given by tkwin. Once a grab is released, pointer and keyboard events will start being delivered to other windows again. KEYWORDS
grab, window Tk Tk_Grab(3)