Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How Do I set up a UNix dev environment Post 6869 by Neo on Friday 14th of September 2001 02:01:17 AM
Old 09-14-2001
Your strategy is as good as any, if that is what you like and your company can support and sustain this.

Personally, my preference is Apache web server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set up the own Unix ENvironment at home

Hello! All Unix Expert, I just graduated from college with Bachalor degree in Computer Information System, and decided to start my career in Unix System. I am trying to set up my own unix Environment at home so that I can get more hand on experience since the class offered by unix vendors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

set environment variable?

Installed a program, need to set the system up so that when the executable is entered, it finds the path to the executable. In Windows, set under system properties, advanced, environmental variables. How do I do this with Unix? Specifically using Solaris 9. I have tried: env... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kohoutek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

by using c++ how to set environment variables in unix

hi, I am writing c++ code in unix operating system.In that i need to set the environment variable in unix. suppose previously i have environment variable like path="something" now i need to change the path value to some othervalue . so that some other program will access that path value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sada@123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Building UX Server for Dev Environment

Hello. I am asked to build a new UNIX Server for Development environment before we could ask the high level experts to build production environment. Could you please let me know what all must I have to know and the steps inorder to build ux server? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building UX Server for Dev Environment

Hello. I am asked to build a new UNIX Server for Development environment before we could ask the high level experts to build production environment. Could you please let me know what all must I have to know and the steps inorder to build ux server? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
2 Replies

6. Linux

How do i set environment variable

Hi, I am quite new to Linux. And I have doubt how to set new environment variable with value to a C executable. Let say I have a environment variable $Hack ; I would like to load a value for this variable; so that when the C executable is executed, the $Hack would set the variable value. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Dev environment for c/c++ on Fedora 10

Hello I have never used linux before and I am a bit confused as to what I am doing. I have been asked to port over some of our in house sdk to linux. Currently I am using .Net and c++. I have installed Fedora 10 on my computer and got that up and running nicely. I also installed eclipse for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morty346
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set environment

Hi, I can run shell script from the command line using $ . set If the run the script inside perl script using $var = system("set"); print $var; This prints 0. This command sets up the environment from command line. But when used inside the shell script or perl script it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param

Following command was set up in startup script on Solaris 8 servers - improved network transfers of files from one server to the another (doubled transfer speed). ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param '10.140.20.10 sendspace 279600 recvspace 279600 timestamp 1' Now they are getting a new server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
15 Replies

10. Red Hat

Os not coming up after i set mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8

on RHEL 5.3 i did mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda8 ( this is /tmp directory ) now OS not coming up. How to resolve ?? ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:36 PM ---------- one of my friend told me that you have changed sticky bit permissions on /tmp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
6 Replies
UPSSTATS.CGI(8) 						    NUT Manual							   UPSSTATS.CGI(8)

NAME
upsstats.cgi - Web-based UPS status viewer SYNOPSIS
upsstats.cgi Note As a CGI program, this should be invoked through your web server. If you run it from the command line, it will either complain about unauthorized access or spew a bunch of HTML at you. DESCRIPTION
upsstats.cgi uses template files to build web pages containing status information from UPS hardware. It can repeat sections of those template files to monitor several UPSes simultaneously, or focus on a single UPS. These templates can also include references to upsimage.cgi(8) for graphical displays of battery charge levels, voltage readings, and the UPS load. ACCESS CONTROL
upsstats will only talk to upsd(8) servers that have been defined in your hosts.conf(5). If it complains that "Access to that host is not authorized", check that file first. TEMPLATES
The web page that is displayed is actually a template containing commands to upsstats which are replaced by status information. The default file used for the overview is upsstats.html. When monitoring a single UPS, the file displayed is upsstats-single.html. The format of these files, including the possible commands, is documented in upsstats.html(5). FILES
hosts.conf(5), upsstats.html(5), upsstats-single.html SEE ALSO
upsimage.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSTATS.CGI(8)