Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to check version to library
Top Forums Programming to check version to library Post 6863 by dilipluhar on Thursday 13th of September 2001 11:31:36 PM
Old 09-14-2001
MySQL to check version to library

how to check the version of Library
version of Program &
version of file.

while compile pro*c program, I got error like elf error: no string table

if u have any suggestion then give me urgently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get library version

Hi, how do I get the version of an existing library (.o file) on an AIX 5.3 System. Thnx for help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2k
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Check version of Oracle

Hi All, Please advice me how i can check the Oracle version on my UNIX Solaris machine without logging in to oracle? Thanks, Am (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the bit version of OS

Hi , Is there a command that i can use to check the bit version of the OS. I have a script that i need to run on all the unix flavors so how do i check for the condition say something like this if( 32 bit) { execute this } else { execute this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcsprak
4 Replies

5. AIX

pthread library version

Hi, I am encountering a strange problem. We have a COREBA based C++ application running on an AIX box. The application crashes at times at the test environment causing core dump. Analyzing the core file, we found that it points to the pthread. So we thought of checking the pthread version at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to check Oracle version on HP-UNIX?

Dear Gurus, I am totally new to HP-UNIX. Can you please help me that how can i check the detail version of Oracle on HP-UNIX. My administrator give me command for linux as below. select * from v$version; (Login to the database using Sql*Plus and connect as Sys user.) Please see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaza
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check tar version in Solaris?

for pkg in `pkginfo | grep tar | grep application | awk '{print $2}'`; do pkginfo -l $pkg | grep VERSION; done Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svijayas
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Global zone has an older version of package: pkg://Solaris/system/library

I try to install php-56 in a zone, but I have the following problem: pkg install php-56 Creating Plan (Running solver): \ pkg install: No solution was found to satisfy constraints maintained incorporations: None Creation Plan: dependency error (s) in proposed packages: Not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymk369
0 Replies
GELF_GETPHDR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   GELF_GETPHDR(3)

NAME
elf32_getphdr, elf64_getphdr, gelf_getphdr -- retrieve an ELF program header table LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> Elf32_Phdr * elf32_getphdr(Elf *elf); Elf64_Phdr * elf64_getphdr(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> GElf_Phdr * gelf_getphdr(Elf *elf, int index, GElf_Phdr *dst); DESCRIPTION
These functions retrieve and translate ELF program header information from an ELF descriptor, if this information exists. Functions elf32_getphdr() and elf64_getphdr() return a pointer to an array of translated Elf32_Phdr and Elf64_Phdr descriptors respectively. These descriptors are described in elf(5). The number of entries in this array may be determined using the elf_getphnum(3) function. Function gelf_getphdr() will retrieve the program header table entry at index index from ELF descriptor elf. The translated program header table entry will be written to the address pointed to be argument dst. Applications may inform the library of modifications to a program header table entry by using the elf_flagphdr(3) API. Applications using the gelf(3) interface need to use the gelf_update_phdr(3) API to copy modifications to a program header entry back to the underlying ELF descriptor. RETURN VALUES
The functions a valid pointer if successful, or NULL in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF object. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument dst was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Index index was out of range. [ELF_E_CLASS] The class of ELF descriptor elf did not match the expected class of the function being called. [ELF_E_HEADER] ELF descriptor elf did not possess an executable header. [ELF_E_HEADER] ELF descriptor elf had a corrupt executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF descriptor in argument elf did not adhere to the conventions used for extended numbering. [ELF_VERSION] ELF descriptor elf was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
elf(3), elf32_getehdr(3), elf32_newphdr(3), elf64_getehdr(3), elf64_newphdr(3), elf_flagphdr(3), elf_getphnum(3), gelf(3), gelf_getehdr(3), gelf_newphdr(3), gelf_update_phdr(3), elf(5) BSD
October 21, 2007 BSD