Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to manipulate date?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to manipulate date? Post 68601 by zazzybob on Tuesday 5th of April 2005 05:36:54 PM
Old 04-05-2005
Why not?

Please have a look at the link encrypted posted - there are many date manipulation techniques presented there.

Also; it might be worth posting your flavour of UNIX (uname -a), and which shell you're using (echo $SHELL; echo $0) so we can deduce what will be applicable to you - for example, using a system with GNU date installed gives the option of using the flexible -d option to date.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manipulate the output ???

In an operation, I have output like 22562K I want to manipulate this and want to perform some mathematical operations on that, any idea how can I get the digit no? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate files

Hi everybody: I have a problem. I have a output files which have this pattern: number1 --space block1a - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1b - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space block1c - 7rows/10columns/65elements --space number2 --space block2a - 7rows/10columns/65elements... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate postscript via sed

dear all, on solaris10 for x86 i am trying to modify the creation date of a postscript file with sed in a csh script. sed is driving me crazy though...i think due to the spaces in the string i am trying to substitute?? part of the postscript file: %!PS-Adobe-3.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lada niva
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Manipulate dir name

Hi as output i get a directory (i don't know its name) with many files inside. Now i need to find the directory name and change it as i need. I can found a directory name with this command: find -maxdepth 1 -type d | grep out Now i'd like to assign it to a variable and change it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to manipulate date format?

Hi, I need to convert the below string in 'yyyymmdd' format. e.g., 24 June 2011 -> 20110624 Please help !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Manipulate Date based on number of days?

I have script where in i issue a command to get back 6 month earlier date. below command works on all linux distribution. # date +%Y-%m-%d --date="2012-03-31 - 183 days ago" 2011-09-30 Is there any solaris equivalent command to do the same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate file

Hi Guys, I have a file that lists patches along with other information. The patches are listed in two different formats. One format lists the latest patch, date , installed patch Latest Patch Date IN 148412-02 13-Sep-2012 -- X X SunOS 5.10: nss_dns patch 126206-10 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to manipulate data using script

Hi i want to manipulate my data to convert row to column name 600 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 name 700 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nith_anandan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate a CSV File

Hello, How do i manipulate .csv file to this format? Thank you very much. Source: john,5 marco,7 john,4 paul,3 marco,8 Output: john,9 marco,15 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A better way to manipulate text

Good morning everyone, I'm currently trying to convert an environment variable into a string and then attach it at the end of a command and launch it. I have the following right now, but it's very ugly: AMI_TAGS="env=test,country=XX,city=blah,galaxy=blahblah" aws ec2 create-tags... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
8 Replies
DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)						 1					       DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)

DateTime::format - Returns date formatted according to given format

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string DateTime::format (string $format) DESCRIPTION
string DateTimeImmutable::format (string $format) string DateTimeInterface::format (string $format) Procedural style string date_format (DateTimeInterface $object, string $format) Returns date formatted according to given format. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3) o $format - Format accepted by date(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the formatted date string on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeInterface.format(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 00:00:00 NOTES
This method does not use locales. All output is in English. SEE ALSO
date(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)