Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to hide files in unix
Operating Systems HP-UX How to hide files in unix Post 68524 by Sireesha NP on Tuesday 5th of April 2005 07:56:26 AM
Old 04-05-2005
Question How to hide files in unix

Hi all
I am new to unix...... i am working on HP-UX
I like to know how to hide files and how to view hided files created
by other users also

please help me

Sireesha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide Passwords

Is there a way not to display the password in the sys out when your korn shell script logs into sqlplus? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I revealed hidden files, now i want to hide em again

I did a reveal hidden files in Terminal trying to get songs from my ipod. now i would like to turn that off and again hide the hidden files?????Help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclejessie1967
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide user inputted text for interactive unix shell script?

Hi everybody, Do you know how to hide the text for interactive unix shell script? Just like the case for inputting password during logon. Patrick (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrickpang
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide a script ?

Hi all, i have a perl script for my users to run. My sys admin created an account for the users to log in and execute the script. They just type "perl myscript.pl" at the unix prompt to run it. Is there any way that i can hide my script? ,ie, do not allow my users to view the script. either... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide folders

hello everybody, i would like to hide visibility of the folders , i.e. not to giving any physically visibility to any users . Is there any way to do it other than changing the permission and adding "." post folder name . by changing the permission , we cann't do any activity , but have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide process

Hi friends, I want (a C++ code) to hide process in kernel 2.6, I don't want monitoring even in /proc. please help me. Regards, Eilya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eilya
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

how to Hide Passwords From UNIX ps Command

Hi, By reporting the process status with ps, any Unix user will see the command line arguments #ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD lsc 13837 13825 0 May 11 pts/17 0:01 -ksh oracle 4698 6294 0 12:00:40 ? 0:00 sqlplus -s system/manager appluser 4229 4062 0 12:00:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide DB Credentials in unix

Hi, I my unix we have one file that contains all the database credentials. we are calling that file while connecting databse. I need to hide that file....other user should not view that file. How to do this. Please suggest me apart from permisstion(chmod) level suggestion. Regards,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

9. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies
oggz-diff(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-diff(1)

NAME
oggz-diff -- Hexdump the packets of two Ogg files and output differences SYNOPSIS
oggz-diff [options] [OGGZDUMP_OPTIONS] [DIFF_OPTIONS] file1.ogg file2.ogg options: [--verbose ] [-v | --version ] [-h | --help ] OGGZDUMP_OPTIONS: [-b | --binary ] [-x | --hexadecimal ] [-c content-type | --content-type content-type ] [-s serialno | --serialno serialno ] [-O | --hide-offset ] [-S | --hide-serialno ] [-G | --hide-granulepos ] [-P | --hide-packetno ] DIFF_OPTIONS: [-q | --brief ] [-C NUM | --context[=NUM] ] [-u | -U NUM | --unified[=NUM] ] [-e | --ed ] [--normal ] [--rcs ] [-y | --side-by-side ] [-l | --paginate ] Description oggz-diff is a sh script which uses oggz-dump to generate hexadecimal packet dumps of each input file, then outputs the difference between these dumps using diff. Options oggz-diff forwards a subset of options accepted by oggz-dump and diff. See oggz-dump(1) and diff(1) for more detail. oggz-dump format options -b, --binary Generate a binary dump of each packet -x, --hexadeciaml Generate a hexadecimal dump of each packet oggz-dump filtering options -c content-type, --content-type content-type Dump only the logical bitstreams for a specific content-type. Run oggz-known-codecs(1) for a full list of codecs known by the installed version of oggz. -s serialno, --serialno serialno Dump only the logical bitstream with specified serialno. -O, --hide-offset Hide the byte offset field of the preamble for each packet dumped. This is particularly useful when comparing Ogg bitstreams that differ only in page structure. -S, --hide-serialno Hide the serialno field of the preamble for each packet dumped. This is particularly useful when comparing Ogg bitstreams that differ only in serialno assignment. -G, --hide-granulepos Hide the granulepos field of the preamble for each packet dumped. -P, --hide-packetno Hide the packetno field of the preamble for each packet dumped. diff options The -w (--ignore-all-space) option to diff is always implied. -q, --brief Output only whether files differ. -C NUM, --context[=NUM] Output NUM lines of copied context. -u, -U NUM, --unified[=NUM] Output NUM (default 3) lines of unified context. -e, --ed Output an ed script. --normal Output a normal diff. --rcs Output an RCS format diff. -y, --side-by-side Output in two columns. -l, --paginate Pass the output through pr to paginate it. Miscellaneous options --verbose Display verbose messages. -v, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. AUTHOR
Conrad Parker COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 CSIRO Australia SEE ALSO
oggz-dump(1), diff(1), patch(1) oggz-diff(1)