Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using export command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using export command Post 68207 by Perderabo on Friday 1st of April 2005 10:00:24 AM
Old 04-01-2005
I command like "export filename" defines a variable called "filename" and sets the export flag. This would only be useful if a
filename=something
statement followed or preceded.

This assumes ksh or bash. And it assumes that "export" was not redefined. It's possible that the author of the script made an error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export command

Is there any difference between these 2 commands :- export var="a" and var="a" export var (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Export command

Hi all, Want to know what does export command do?? What is its functionality? And on a shell prompt $at=1 $ echo $at 1 The variable above is it available to other script??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ExporT Command Not found

Hi All I am getting and error export command not found What can be the possible reasons for this and how do we verify those Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: networking
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Command

Hello All, I am transferring a file from one server to another server. File name is stored as Wip_DD-MM-YY .i.e if we run the program today the file is stored as Wip_18-FEB-09.txt. This file i need to transfer. My question is how do we assign the this filename to a variable. i treid in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpraveen_862
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for export command

Hi, I need help for using export command. Lets consider there are 2 servers ie. A & B. I am running one script on server A which calls another script on server B using remsh command. There is one variable in the script on server B which do not gets evaluated and ultimately i get the error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_shah06
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export a command ?

Hi The command "ssh -V" works as normal user but fails as root. As Normal user: bash-3.00$ ssh -V OpenSSH_5.9p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011As Root user: # ssh -V bash: ssh: command not found Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on export command

Hello Team, Could you pls explain how export command works in below code: for i in ${!SDV_*}; do export $i done As per my understanding, if SDV_1=test1;SDV_2=test2;test1=var1;test2=var2then in for loop below export will get executed. export var1;export var2But, Will this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export command - variable

Hello, Please see the script found in my computer below. (Ubuntu 14.04) #!/bin/sh export APP_DIR="/home/appname" monitorscript="$APP_DIR""/monitor.sh" ps cax | grep monitor.sh > /dev/null if ; then echo "monitor.sh is running" else "$monitorscript" fi My question is regarding EXPORT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
Export(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Export(3pm)

NAME
Perl6::Export - Implements the Perl 6 'is export(...)' trait SYNOPSIS
# Perl 5 code... package Some::Module; use Perl6::Export; # Export &foo by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':ALL' export set is requested... sub foo is export(:DEFAULT) { print "phooo!"; } # Export &var by default, when explicitly requested, # or when the ':bees', ':pubs', or ':ALL' export set is requested... # the parens after 'is export' are like the parens of a qw(...) sub bar is export(:DEFAULT :bees :pubs) { print "baaa!"; } # Export &baz when explicitly requested # or when the ':bees' or ':ALL' export set is requested... sub baz is export(:bees) { print "baassss!"; } # Always export &qux # (no matter what else is explicitly or implicitly requested) sub qux is export(:MANDATORY) { print "quuuuuuuuux!"; } sub import { # This subroutine is called when the module is used (as usual), # but it is called after any export requests have been handled. # Those requests will have been stripped from its argument list } DESCRIPTION
Implements what I hope the Perl 6 symbol export mechanism might look like. It's very straightforward: o If you want a subroutine to be capable of being exported (when explicitly requested in the "use" arguments), you mark it with the "is export" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (without specific overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:DEFAULT)" trait. o If you want a subroutine to be automatically exported when the module is used (even if the user specifies overriding arguments), you mark it with the "is export(:MANDATORY)" trait. o If the subroutine should also be exported when particular export groups are requested, you add the names of those export groups to the trait's argument list. That's it. WARNING
The syntax and semantics of Perl 6 is still being finalized and consequently is at any time subject to change. That means the same caveat applies to this module. DEPENDENCIES
Requires Filter::Simple AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Does not yet handle the export of variables. Comments, suggestions, and patches welcome. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003, Damian Conway. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-12 Export(3pm)