Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to remove the first line from a flat file ? Post 68176 by zazzybob on Thursday 31st of March 2005 11:01:48 PM
Old 04-01-2005
And make sure your printing to STDOUT, not "STOUT" - that's a very nice beverage but no good in Perl programming Smilie

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of blank line in a flat text file

Hi, I have a flat text file which contains blank line between each text line. Is there any command to get rid of it? Thanks for your help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xfang
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove page breaks from a flat file???

Hi All, I get a flat file with its last field data splitting onto a new line.I got this program from Vgersh which when run would cancatenate the split data back to the end of the previous records.But this program fails when it encounters a page break between the split data and the previous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specific lines from flat file using perl

Hi, Here is wat im looking for.. i have a flat file which looks like this.. 00 * * * * .. .. * * text text text COL1 COL2 ----- ----- 1 a (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the footer from a flat file by searching a pattern

Hi, I have more than 30,000 records in a flat file. I want to remove footer from the file by searching a string pattern for the footer. Example.... let the flat file test.dat contains below records. record1 record2 record3 .. .. .. record31000 Total records 31000 I want to remove the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove numeric characters in the flat file

HI, can any one help me please .. i have flat file like qwer123rt ass3242ccf jjk654 kjh838ppp nhdg453ok hdkk34 i want remove numeric characters in the flat file i want output like this qwerrt assccf jjk kjhppp nhdgok hdkk help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafimd1985
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table...

I have to export data from table into flat file with | delimited. In the ksh file, I am adding below to do this activity. $DBSTRING contains the sqlplus command and $SQL_STRING contains the SQL query. File is created properly with the data as per SQL command. I am getting white spaces in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line number in flat file

Hi, Is there a way to find out the line number from where the data starts? like if the data contains column header, irrespective of the text in the column header we should get the line number from which contains the column header. I am sorry if I haven't explained the problem clearly. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove duplicates in flat file

Hi all, I have a issues while loading a flat file to the DB. It is taking much time. When analyzed i found out that there are duplicates entry in the flat file. There are 2 type of Duplicate entry. 1) is entire row is duplicate. ( i can use sort | uniq) to remove the duplicated entry. 2) the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjoshuab
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first NULL Character in Flat File

We have a flat file with below data : ^@^@^@^@00000305^@^@^@^@^@^@430^@430^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@09079989530As we can see ^@ is Null character in this file I want to remove only the first few null characters before string 00000305 How can we do that, any idea. I want a new file without first few... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
5 Replies
pthread_get_nice_np(3T) 												   pthread_get_nice_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_get_nice_np(), pthread_set_nice_np() - get or set the nice value of a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose nice value is to be set/retrieved. nice_val Value of nice to be applied to the target thread is returned (get function) or it specifies the new value of nice for thread (set function). DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set and retrieve the nice value of an individual thread. returns the current nice value setting of the target thread and stores it in nice_val. adds the value of nice_val to the current nice value of the target thread. A thread's nice value is a non-negative number. The system imposes a minimum nice value of 0 and a maximum of 39 with lower nice values providing more favorable scheduling. If calling results in a nice value outside the range of 0 to 39, the value will be set to the nearest limit. A process must have appropriate privileges to lower a thread's nice value. The function allows individual threads in the process to have different nice values. returns the current nice value less 20 and will be in the range -20 to +19. The nice value of only system scope threads can be changed. An attempt to change the nice value of a process-scope thread will result in a return value of Calling on a thread that has a scheduling policy other than will have an effect only when the thread's scheduling policy changes to If a thread calls the system call to create a new process, the new process inherits the process-level nice value. Calling to create a new thread will result in the new thread inheriting the creating thread's nice value. Note If the nice value of the entire process is changed through or all the threads in the process will have their nice values reset to the new process-level nice value. The new process's nice value setting overwrites the old thread's setting. Thus its possible that a thread whose nice value had been set higher than the process-level nice value have its nice value lowered as a result of the process-level re-nicing. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error: A process-scope thread was specified. The caller does not have permission to lower the nice value specified in nice_val. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), nice(2), setpriority(2), pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3T), pthread_setschedparam(3T). Pthread Library pthread_get_nice_np(3T)