Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing tabs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing tabs Post 67780 by reborg on Sunday 27th of March 2005 10:09:11 PM
Old 03-27-2005
Sorry, I left a bit out of my earlier post.

Code:
sed "N;s/\n[    ]/ /g' filename

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tabs

I am on AIX 5.1 If I have a crontab that looks like this 01 1 * * 6 What does the 6 mean ? if the * means that everyday it should run then why would the 6th day be signified ? Shouldn't it be a * also? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing certain tabs

I have a tab delimited file with many lines, one for each record. each line is tab delimited with a tab before the first data field, a tab between each data field, and a tab after the last data field before it moves onto the next line. I need to remove only the preceeding tab before the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djkane
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces or Tabs?

When formatting a script let's say for instance the following: case ${choice} in 1) vi ${tmp1}.tmp # overwrite the tmp1 var with any user changes cp ${tmp1}.tmp ${tmp1} ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

GVIM with tabs

Hi People, Does gvim latest versions support tabs. I would like to open different files in tabs rather than new windows or split windows. I would like to whether the current version supports it, if it doesn't then how to add such feature. Thanks, :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

too many tabs

Hi, I have a file that has too many tabs between columns. I cannot get the tabs out. Basically the tab between column 1 and 2 are fine but between 2/3, 3/4 etc are like 5 tabs. How do I get rid of these 5 tabs so its just 1 tab. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

6. Linux

Kconsole and tabs

Hi Guys i current use Kcosole i have this liitle code that changes the tilte to the current directory that i am in # Set the terminal title to pwd case $TERM in xterm*) precmd() {print -Pn "\e]0;%~ \a"} ;; esac in Kconsole you can have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical tabs

I am trying to get this to display vertically like in a table but it keeps jumping to a new line dev=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -d " " -f1) dev1=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 2 -d "%") dev2=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 14-16 -d " ") dev3=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 18-20 -d " ")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjanisse
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing hidden tabs

I want to know how can I remove all the tabs (\t) from a tab delimited file. In my file some of the rows only contain one column and rest are unoccupied but the tabs are there. When I performed some regular expressions to do substitutions like: %s/\t/\/\/ /ig all the hidden tabs are converted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)