Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris When connecting to console port (db-25) sends break Post 67552 by pressy on Thursday 24th of March 2005 03:36:32 AM
Old 03-24-2005
have a look @ your /etc/default/kbd
this break frequence belongs to your terminal program.

small story:
i was sitting in front of 3 new suns prepairing them for our costumers, after a small ciggy break the windows screensaver was on, and when i returned to my desktop all three mashines got a break sequence threw my terminalprogram. hard to believe but i tried it again, and yes, it was the windows-screensaver compination.....

gP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to cisco devices via console

I use configure cisco devices daily using hyper terminal in windows via the serial port. Is there an alternative solution in unix that I can connect to a cisco console port via serial port? What application do I need?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgroove3
1 Replies

3. Solaris

connecting 280r via serial port

I'm stuck here trying to connect to a 280R via serial port A to a laptop. I set hyperterminal up for 9600, 8, N, 1, but when I hit enter, nothing comes up in hyperterminal. There is no keyboard or mouse attached to the 280R, and it doesnt have a video card, so thats not an option. I'm stumped.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting as CONSOLE using Telnet.

Hi, I need to connect as CONSOLE from my WinXP PC to a Solaris server (Solaris 9 SPARC) using telnet. I cannot use HyperTerminal as there is no direct link between my PC and the server (it is a remote server). How to do this? Regards. M. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
3 Replies

5. Solaris

connecting laptop to V240 serial port

Well...I hope I am in the right forum to post this question. Here is what I am trying to do. I have a laptop (Dell I believe) running Windows. I am trying to connect this laptop to a V240 serial port (the port with l0l0l). Here lies the problem, I am not sure if I have the correct cable. I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

7. AIX

Console Setup for RS-232 port on 9131-52A

Hi, I have tried to setup the console on a Power5 9131-52A type IBM Server. On the back there are 2 RS-232 ports labeled T1 T2. I am going under the assuming that these are the serial ports (Normally the serial ports are S1 S0). When I finish assigning the console under smit, I get no response... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

When connecting to HPUX gui console it is grey screen?

My screen is grey when i connect to gui console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
break(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       break(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
break - Abort looping command SYNOPSIS
break _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is typically invoked inside the body of a looping command such as for or foreach or while. It returns a TCL_BREAK code, which causes a break exception to occur. The exception causes the current script to be aborted out to the innermost containing loop command, which then aborts its execution and returns normally. Break exceptions are also handled in a few other situations, such as the catch com- mand, Tk event bindings, and the outermost scripts of procedure bodies. EXAMPLE
Print a line for each of the integers from 0 to 5: for {set x 0} {$x<10} {incr x} { if {$x > 5} { break } puts "x is $x" } SEE ALSO
catch(3tcl), continue(3tcl), for(3tcl), foreach(3tcl), return(3tcl), while(3tcl) KEYWORDS
abort, break, loop Tcl break(3tcl)