Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SGI tag command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SGI tag command Post 67550 by tanku on Thursday 24th of March 2005 03:23:10 AM
Old 03-24-2005
i may have misunderstood... depending on what the text file does you could insert #!/bin/sh or #!/bin/csh on the first line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to clean xml tag

Hi, Can someone help me come up with a generic sed command to clean a tag off its attributes? For eg. Input String - <tag attrib=new>This String</tag> should undergo a sed transformation to get Output String - <tag >This String</tag> This works - echo "<tag attrib=new>This</tag>" |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamwha1am
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to remove attribute of an html tag

Is there any shell command to clean an html tag of its attributes. For ex <p align ="center"> with <p>. Thanks for your help!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell command to remove some XML tag is needed

Hi all, I have a file which i have to remove some line from it, the lines that i have to remove from my file is as below: </new_name></w"s" langue="Fr-fr" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <New_name> and it is finding at the middle of my file, is there any command line in linux to do it or do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: id_2pc
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a html tag and print the entire tag

I want to print from <fruits> to </fruits> tag which have <fruit> as mango. Also i want both <fruits> and </fruits> in output. Please help eg. <fruits> <fruit id="111">mango<fruit> . another 20 lines . </fruits> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashik409
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to insert a tag in XML

Hi All, I need a help on inserting a XML tag. Actual input <var> <nam>abcd</nam> <a1>.</a1> </var> if tag <a1>.</a1> is getting missed in XML like below <var> <nam>abcd</nam> </var> i need to insert wherever it is missed after <nam> tag and before </var> tag. Could anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)