Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy all files except one
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy all files except one Post 67480 by dangral on Wednesday 23rd of March 2005 03:50:17 PM
Old 03-23-2005
Whoops...My mistake. That's twice this week I've posted incorrect advice. Sorry to all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy of files

hi all i have a script,which when executed must copy 3 files from a directory on boxA to the same directory on boxB.I'm using scp to copy these files,the problem is out ofthe 3 files only1 is been copied and not the other 2, i have permissons for the files,any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. SCO

How do you copy files from CD

How do you copy files fra a cd-rom to a directory on the computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy all files

how i can copy all files " select all " in one step t try command cp -t (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files

Hi Team, I am unable to copy the files, when i run the below script, i am getting error as file not present, not sure what i am missing. # File to be looked upon File_Pattern='*.zip' TMP_FILE=flagfile Check=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
efi_cp(1M)																efi_cp(1M)

NAME
efi_cp - copy to or from EFI file SYNOPSIS
devicefile] file1 file2 devicefile] file1 [file2]... dest-directory devicefile] file_or_dir1 [file_or_dir2]... dest-directory DESCRIPTION
copies files between HP-UX and EFI file systems. The EFI file system is based on the FAT file system and used by the Itanium-based system BIOS to locate an HP-UX bootloader. See efi(4). Without the option, copies from an HP-UX file system to the EFI volume specified by devicefile; in this case, the destination should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by devicefile. Use the option to copy from an EFI file system to an HP-UX file system; with the option, only a single regular file may be copied at a time. With two arguments: o If file2 does not exist, creates it and copies the contents of file1 into file2. o If file2 exists and is a regular file, deletes the the contents of file2 and copies the contents of file1 into file2. o If file2 exists and is a directory, creates a copy of file1 in that directory. With more than two arguments, the final argument must be an existing directory. If any of the other arguments is a directory, you must use the option, which specifies that the source directory and the subtree rooted there are to be copied to the destination directory. Options Options can be used singly or combined in any order before the file names. The space between option and argument is optional. devicefile is the device special file of the EFI file system to be copied. Without the option, uses the device file specified in the environment variable if it is defined. The option overrides the environment variable. Recursively copy the subtree rooted at each source directory to the destination directory. Copy file1 from an EFI volume to file2 in HP-UX file system. file1 should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by devicefile, not to an HP-UX file system. With the option, only a single regular file may be copied at a time. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 if the copy is successful. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
All the following examples copy to or from the EFI file system on device Copy into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device: Copy all files in current directory into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device Copy into directory in the EFI file system on the specified device and rename it Copy into the EFI boot directory of the EFI file system on the specified device: Copy into of the EFI file system on the device specified in the environment variable and rename it to Copy from the EFI file system on the specified device into the current HP-UX directory: Using a persistent device special file (dsf) copy from the EFI file system on the specified device into the current HP-UX directory (see intro(7)): AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
efi_fsinit(1M), efi_ls(1M), efi_mkdir(1M), efi_rm(1M), efi_rmdir(1M), efi(4), intro(7). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only efi_cp(1M)