Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cronjob on alternate sundays
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cronjob on alternate sundays Post 67408 by abhi123 on Wednesday 23rd of March 2005 07:40:22 AM
Old 03-23-2005
Cronjob on alternate sundays

I want to set the crontab job for one of my SIEBEL database to refresh it on alternate sundays. Is there anyway I can do it through cron please ?
If not whats the alternative ? Smilie

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Sundays for the years 2000 to 2005

hi, i need to write a script that would list me all sundays in the year 2000 and 2005. output need to be just the date . ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kquest
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate way for echo.

Hi, Is there any other command echo does. if I am doing this operation for each line in my file. So its taking very long time to process more than 1000 records. Is there any alternative way to write the above if statement (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate lines

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I want to read the all the lines from a text file and write the alternate lines into another file. Please give me a shell script solution. file1 ----- one two three four five six seven newfile(it should contain the alternate lines from the file1) ------- one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

count of sundays in month

Hi, How to get count of number of sundays in month in unix shell script .. ideally i need 2 get last sunday of month so i used cmd: for eg: for june: cal 06 2011 | tail -2 | head -1 | cut -d" " -f1 hoowever above is wrking for month whose sundays are max=4 but not fr months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: musu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing out sundays alone

I am trying to list out only sundays from december 2011. pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/training$ cal 12 2011|sed -n '3,$p'|sed -e'/^$/d'|awk '{ORS=",";print $1}' 1,4,11,18,25,,pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/training$ Can anyone help me? Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
13 Replies

7. HP-UX

Alternate for wget

Hi, Whats the alternate for wget in HP-UX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to take the count of all sundays between two dates?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh I have input DATE1=01/11/2012 DATE2=10/12/2012 need output as count of all sundays between these two dates for examples Sunday count between DATE1 and DATE2 is 5 Can anyone help me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the count of sundays between two date ?

Hi Am using unix Ksh Datecalc and --date functions are not working have two input variables as DATE=01/12/2012 DATE1=23/12/2012 Need output as no of sundays = 4 Can anyone help me pls :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add previous Sundays date to filename

I am looking for some scripting help. I need to add a time stamp to a file name. I will append data to a file, and want to add to the file name a time stamp of the previous Sundays date. Any takers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sswagner8839
1 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)